To you people who were doing the Earth mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To you people who were doing the Earth mod

Did you ever get anywhere? I'd like to see an Earth mod!

not really, it never exactly took off. Maybe Firaxis will give us something, anyway, I was going to create-

Americans (more modern Americans) led by FDR
    priority - Democract
    Aversion - Planned economies ie Communism
    start Tech - Doctrine Mobility (Americand rapidly expand)
    +1 Economy (Perfection of Free Market system)
    +1 Talents per 4 citizens (Political Freedom)
    -1 Probe (Plitical Freedom makes it hard to track probes down)
    -1 Police (exreme Political freedom)

feel free to post suggestions for this and other Earth factions.
    "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Were you going to make that Earth in the future or something more like Civilization but with the Alpha Centauri engine and improvements?
      It seems that the major obsticles are changing the units and terrain graphics, admittedly i have'nt given a serious effort to doing either, in the scenario i hope to ceate i'm just now finishing up the factions and map, so real soon i'm going to concentrate on getting the units.pcx file figured out. I looked at the alpha.txt file and it looks like it should be possible, it looks easy to add new units but we'd have to figure out how it references the units.pcx file, it appears to use an offset. My only fear is that there wont be much room in the units.pcx file for new graphics, it looks like there are dozens of slots empty, but looking at the way the mindworms use slots I'm worried that only 4 or 5 new units would fit because each unit hogs up 6 or 7 slots. I'll have to mess with it see if this is the case.

Comment

Working...
      X