How can I add extra civilizations ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I add extra civilizations ?

One of my greatest disappointments in this game is that it didn't contain more factions than in civ, but even LESS ! Should be possible to correct that, no ?

Yeah, they are quite easy to create.:-)
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

yeah, but how ???
      (And of course I don't mean create a new one which REPLACES an old one)

Comment

You can create more custom factions, but only you can play them, by renaming the faction file you are creating to cheesehead.txt, for example. Also rename the graphics files too.
        "Only dead fish follow the stream."

Comment

Michael,

Everybody misunderstand you. I think this not possible. (AI, graphics, ...)

Blade Runner
          Blade

Comment

Thanks Blade.

Guess I'll have to wait for CTP then...

Comment

Workarounds:
              1. Just because you load a faction doesn't mean you have to play that faction, so you can give different boni to all your opponents. Admittedly, there's no surprise, but a few 'neutral' factions might be useful in combination with. . .
              2. In setting up the rules for a new game, you can randomize the faction's personalities and social agendas. Of course, if you use normal factions with this, you can end up with a pacifist Miriam with a fetish for hi-tech, which, combined with her boni, would make her just be no challenge, thus the need for some neutral factions.

Comment

I hate the stupid randomization thing in CTP, I think its much more fun to know what each Faction if going to be like, and I can always make one (or a few) and design my own gaming experience.
                "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

I want 16 or more civs on a mega-huge map goddammit, I don't care about the bonuses, just MORE civs SIMULTANEOUSLY even if I have to buy a faster pc for it.

Comment

Ah, the magic word! Simultaneous. Missed that, sorry. Hmm...yup, gotta pester BR on April 1st. . ..

Comment

In CTP you can start with only 7, but if you split a civ, you get 8, so on . . Hopefully "splitting" a civ is a lot easier then in Civ 2.
                      "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Working...
                      X