Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Crusade

Here's the story behind the scenario:

After over 100 years of violent strife on Chiron, planet is beginning to awake. Locusts are overwhelming outlying settlements. Mind worms are even marching their way into the very cores of the human empires. The humans convene a council, and decide that this planet is inhospitable, and that they must leave as soon as possible before the worm armies overwhelm them all.

After considering where to go next, the only possibility anyone can come up with is to go back to Earth. Recent radio transmissions have been eerily silent, but the 7 factions assemble a spacecraft nevertheless, in the hope of escaping this mind worm hell, and finding their way back to their home planet, where they hope human civilization is still thriving.

As the factions touch back down on their beloved home planet, they are dsimayed at what they see - or rather, at what they don't see. Endless miles of green foliage, with not another human structure in sight. Humanity on Earth, it seems, has bitten the dust. Only near some of the great metropolitan centers of old do some ruins still remain. However, as distraught as they are, the returning humans are consoled with one thought - that they will never have to deal with those horrid mind worms again. Unfortunately, the interspace travellers neglected to decontaminate their spacecraft before leaving Chiron, paving the way for a hidden fungal spore and mind worm infestation inside their spacecraft.

In addition, as a result of your brief stay on Alpha Centauri, each faction has accumulated some preliminary research.

You, Miriam Godwinson, hope to reclaim the promised land and spread the word of god across Earth. All victory conditions allowed, blind research, steal tech on.
    Attached Files
    Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

2 new scenarios in one day!?! Wow - where to begin? I guess since I'm going to be playing Believers in an upcoming game why I better play this one first.
    The premise sounds very interesting. I wonder who the 8th Faction are going to be in this one?

D

Comment

Okay, I noticed the AI could use some beefing up, so I've modified the scenario to be a little more difficult. I recommend playing this one if you regularly stomp the AI on transcend.
      Attached Files
      Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Working...
      X