Sea Sonar Stations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Sonar Stations

I'm wanting to add sonar bouys or sensor bouys or whatever to Doc: Ini.

Where do I start to find info about how to do this?
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Doesn't changing 'Disable' in this line to 'none' or a tech name work?

Sensor Array, None, Sensor Array, Disable, 4, Construct $STR0, O, O

You can find this line in the alphax.txt file, under the 'TERRAIN' paragraph

Try this:

Sensor Array, None, Sensor Array, None, 4, Construct $STR0, O, O
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Many thanks...

I'm trying this out now:

Code:
      Sensor Array,     None,    Sensor Buoy,     DocInit,  4,  Construct $STR0, O, O

Comment

Would be great, though, if the graphics could be adapted as well... Imagine, nearly invisible buoys...
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

That would be! As it is, it looks kind of strange having it sitting out there on the water, but it works fine. Just play-tested it.

Change it too, though. Forgot how long it can take to get to DocInit and DocFlex was the one I was meaning anyway.

Code:
          Sensor Array,     None,    Sensor Buoy,     DocFlex,  4,  Construct $STR0, O

Comment

Originally posted by FlameFlash
            That would be! As it is, it looks kind of strange having it sitting out there on the water, but it works fine. Just play-tested it.

Change it too, though. Forgot how long it can take to get to DocInit and DocFlex was the one I was meaning anyway.

Code:
            Hello FlameFlash,

when you say you tested this, does it mean you just built it, or that you employed units in the area and verified they recieved the +25% defense bonus? Reason I am asking is that I modified my alphax.txt a while ago to include building sea sensors, and was able to build them fine, however Petek pointed out that the sensors weren't giving the +25% bonus. When you get the chance, can you let me know if you have verified the sea sensors are giving a +25% defense bonus, as I would really like to be able to build these (I've always felt that the sea aspects of the game were neglected by Firaxis).

D

Comment

I'll check that out soon, Darsnan. My main want was to simply allow for early warning, with no care if there was a +25% bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by FlameFlash

Code:
                If you're thinking of including this in a next ACDG (or whatever), you can count on my vote.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                X