• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scenario Name: Battle of the Builders
    SMAC/ SMAX: SMAX
    Author: Googlie
    Date of original posting: 8/7/01
    Original host site: Civilization Gaming Network

Try the Battle of the Builders - play as Lal against 3 AI Master/Slave teams and beat them to Transcendence (Conquest Victory is turned off)
    Attached Files

Comment

Scenario Name: Domai's Choice
      Date of original posting: 9/12/01

Domai's Choice - Play as Domai and choose between a Usurper or Caretaker led alliance. Each has enslaved a researcher and a builder.
      Attached Files

Comment

Scenario Name: Mars Survivor v3.0
        Author: GeoModder
        Date of original posting: 2/2/03

---------------------------------------------------------------------
        MARS SURVIVORS SCENARIO Version 3.0
        by GeoModder
        README.TXT

This scenario is an offshoot from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri universe.
        I.e. Earth is made uninhabitable by a holocaust and a mission is on the
        way to Chiron. But what for the people in settlements off-Earth?
        It's a reasonable assumption that by the year 2060 or later there will
        be colonies on the moon and Mars.

The tech-tree is a slightly changed, but limited one. The scenario
        itself takes about 250 turns. Most air units are changed in range and
        mineral cost. For a smooth gameplay, put the files of the scenario
        in the mentioned sub-directories of the Alpha Centauri main directory:

- the Mars-folder and all of its contents under the folder 'scenarios'.
        - the 'Mars.mp' file in the folder 'maps'. It is an extra if you ever want
        to play on a dry map of the planet.
        - the 'tech087.pcx' file in the folder 'techs', this will overwrite a
        non-used pcx file, so it doesn't affect a normal game. But if you want
        to keep the original one, don't forget to make a backup.
        - the files 'tech87.mp3', 'Unionist.mp3', 'Survival.mp3', 'Nippons.mp3',
        'MarsGov.mp3', 'Convict.mp3' and 'ArtInt.mp3' in the folder 'voices'
        - the files 'proj004.pcx', 'proj031.pcx' and 'proj032.pcx' in the PROJS
        folder. Certainly here don't forget a backup, as these changes will
        also affect the normal game.
        - All the remaining files in the Alpha Centauri main directory
        (except 'readme.txt', wich may be deleted).

There is one bug which I don't seem able to fix; in the help-menu
        don't open the 'Anti-ballistic Defense System' facility window.
        The program will cause an error if opened and shut down.

With thanks to all people who contributed faction files to the networknode
        site. Most of the faction graphics -and sounds used come from this site.

Ghent, 2 feb 2003

12/4/11: Edit: for some reason I can't get the scenario to attach.

Comment

Scenario Name: Morgan
          SMAC/ SMAX: SMAC
          Date of original posting: 4/27/01

Play as CEO Morgan - Transcend level.
          Attached Files

Comment

Scenario Name: Spartan Challenge
            Date of original posting: 8/2/01

you are Santiago (Yang has used his evil henchman Ashaandi to mind control the other faction leaders aboard the Unity, except for you and Commissioner Lal) Can you beat the odds?
            Attached Files

Comment

Scenario Name: Zak the Diplomat
              Date of original posting: 9/13/01

Play the University and steer your way through the diplomatic minefields of relations with the other faction leaders.
              Attached Files

Comment

Scenario Name: Roze
                Date of original posting: 4/27/01

Play as Datajack Roze - Transcend level.
                Attached Files

Comment

Scenario Name: Cha'Dawn
                  Date of original posting: 11/21/00

Play as Cha Dawn against overwhelming odds.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Scenario Name: Lal's Challenge
                    Date of original posting: 8/2/01

you are Lal (Yang has used his evil henchman Ashaandi to mind control the other faction leaders aboard the Unity, except for you and Colonel Santiago) Can you beat the odds? This is the same game as Spartan Challenge, only your faction is switched. Everything else is the same.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Scenario Name: Sparta's Choice
                      Date of original posting: 9/7/01

You are Sparta, and must choose between supporting the Caretakers (and their slave, the Cyborgs) or the Usurpers, with their University slaves. You might find allies among the Believers or the Pirates. Check the F5 when you start, some SPs have already been built.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Scenario Name: CGN Challenge
                        SMAC/ SMAX: unknown
                        Author: Mark
                        Date of original posting: 10/24/01

This challenge scenario was built by CGN's very own Mark! You are Lal against 2 groups of 3 factions each. Your goal: To survive. Period. Mark adds that this is a very challenging scenario that he hasn't beat yet. Are you man (or woman) enough to try this?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Scenario Name: March Challenge
                          Date of original posting: 3/21/03

Here's one that should test the mettle of the Sparta lovers

I originally set it up as a Head to Head (Sparta vs Cult) but in playtesting (I played Sparta and the Cult) I got trounced as Sparta three times, even after successive dumbing down of the AI

Oh, I did give them a slight advantage, with three bases founded in 2100 (whereas you start with 3 Colony pods) and gave their HQ's a rec commons, recycling tanks and a perim defense (a NN for the Pirates in lieu of rec tanks and to the Hive in lieu of their inbuilt perim defense). Plus mild terrain enhancements (but you'll find these for your bases too)

You'll be Santiago, on Transcend level, large map at 50% water, average everything, directed research, spoils on, all victory conditions except co-op activated, and iron man.

AI diplomacy is tweaked so you'll have obstinate allies (if you find them) and rabid antagonists (they'll find you).

Good luck

Googlie
                          Attached Files

Comment

Scenario Name: January 2003 2 Player
                            Author: Darsnan
                            Date of original posting: 12/24/02

I was trying to do was recreate for the players some of the same sense of awe and wonder that the Spanish Conquistadors must have experienced in their campaign against the Aztecs in the mid 1500's. The players will continually encounter things that they have not encountered before (I think, as I have not seen to date any other PBEM games incorporate some of the things that I have done here), and they will be continually be awed by what the AI is capable of in this game (I liken the AI's Power Chart reading in this game to chasing a rainbow: you can always see where the rainbow touches down, but no matter how hard you pursue it, you can never reach it!). The only way to win this game is by military conquest, and after playtesting this in a myriad of variations, I have focalized the human player's capabilities into an achievable avenue: it is my belief that a persistent, disciplined Momentum Player with a Plan, will triumph.

Btw the name I used for this scenario is "King of the Hill".
                            Attached Files

Comment

Scenario Name: Darsnan's Waterworld Challenge
                              Date of original posting: 6/26/03

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water, Darsnan introduces his Waterworld Challenge!
                              The object of this, the July CGN Challenge, is to eradicate Conquerer Judaa Maar completely. Of course, on the way to accomplishing this, you may encounter a few, ah, obstacles....
                              We’re also going to do things a little differently for this Challenge. Earlier this month I asked buster if I could have some reismarks to give out as prizes/ rewards during this Challenge, and buster has graciously agreed. So first off, I am awarding my two Beta Testers, Mongoose and Archaic, 25 reismarks each for their participation in the Beta trials –many thanx to both of you!
                              Secondly, I am giving 75 RM to Googlie, for all of the help, both overtly and covertly , he has given me during the building of this Scenario: much appreciated, Googlie!
                              As far as the actual amount of RM to give out for the Grand Prize of who can eradicate Conquerer Maar in the least number of turns, why I haven’t decided yet. Part of it resides in whether or not there is enough interest for me to develop the SMAC version of this, which would then require me to set aside some RM for awards there, as well.
                              For some added fun, why I have designed and incorporated 5 unique types of units into this Challenge that I have not seen elsewhere in any games I've CMN'd or played in. 10 RM to the first person who finds each of these units and posts here identifying the unit's attributes and name (and no cheating!). And when I say unique units I mean by their attributes, not model name. For instance, a 16/8/2 “Quasar” has the same attributes as a 16/8/2 “Pulsar”, but a 24/16/3 “Black Hole” is a different unit because of its attributes.
                              Finally, while playtesting, 4 mistakes/ errors were noted. 10 RM to the person who posts first finding each of these unique mistakes/ errors ( and who knows, there may be more errors that neither I nor the Beta Testers caught, so even if 4 items are identified, why keep looking!).
                              Finally, I will also award RM for the highest Alpha Centauri Score, if people are interested in playing this one out till the end. Amount will depend on remaining RM’s available.
                              Hope you have fun!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Scenario Name: October 2003 CGN Challenge
                                Date of original posting: 9/26/03

Welcome to this, the October CGN Challenge!
                                The premise for this game: Planetfall occurred during perihelion, and many of the early colonists from all factions succumbed to mindworm attacks. In this most desperate hour, the Consciousness proposed using their advanced scientific capabilities to alter the mindworms genome such that the creatures would become less aggressive, and the other factions readily agreed to contribute resources in order to assist the Consciousness in this endeavor. After declaring success in the laboratory, the Consciousness released these modified mindworms into the wild, declaring that these creatures carried a dominant gene which, in succeeding generations of mindworms, would slowly weed out the Aggressive recessive gene in the creatures.
                                However, unbeknownst to the other factions of Planet, the Consciousness had in actuality released a variant of the mindworm which, when it invaded a host, didn’t kill them, but rather took control of their higher order mental functions. These hideous creatures then sought out the living, to spread the mindworm infection to even more people, with the Consciousness’ plan being to wipe out all of the other factions save themselves using this spreading "Army of the Undead"!
                                The first faction to fall were the Pirates, as, unbeknownst to his followers, Svengard became infected by one of these modified creatures, and therefore became a puppet of the Consciousness, and the Pirates now slavishly answer to the Consciousness’ commands.
                                The Caretakers and Usurpers arrived a few years later, oblivious to what the Consciousness had initiated. However, being the implacable creatures that they are, as well as being technologically stronger than the human factions, they are better able to deal with the increased threats posed by these "Zombies", as the humans have taken to calling those infected!
                                We now strap you into your Unity Escape Pod for descent to Planet, where you will join Foreman Domai in rallying the surviving factions to victory over this nightmarish scenario! But it might already be too late, as several factions are already on the brink of succumbing to this horrible threat.....

Your goal is to save Provost Zakarov from annihilation, and bring the Consciousness to justice! So press the Red Button in your Unity Escape Pod for descent to Planet now, or read below if you want a few more details about this Challenge.

OK, first off, if your reading this, then you’re a bad Drone! A Real Good Drone would’ve read the word “Red Button” in the above statement and would’ve immediately pushed the Red Button for descent to Planet in order to join his brethren! Bad Drone!

Anyways, this Challenge is being timed to be released in conjunction with Rubin’s “Guide for editing the Alphax.txt File” into the CGN SMAC Academy, and this Challenge is intended to be a showcase for many of the modifications you can do to your Alphax.txt file. For instance, below are some of the modifications I have made for this specific game:

1. Artillery bombardment is now more lethal over its original configuration!
                                2. You can build Sea Sensors and Sea Boreholes!
                                3. Sea Mines will now produce +2 Minerals.
                                4. Subsea Trunklines and Thermal Transducers are available with Doc: Init.
                                5. The AI's will build Cruiser Probeships with the advent of Doc: Init!
                                6. The “Deep Pressure Hull” ability is now available with Doc: Init!
                                7. The “Carrier Deck” ability is now available with Doc: AP!
                                8. The Unity Wreckage is submerged, with the Unity Submersible replacing the Mining Laser!
                                9. There is one new, unique unit that you will be able to build in this game. As with all units in this Challenge, it can be retro-engineered to the player’s desire, even though I consider it a "Game Breaker".

You may notice a few other “modifications” that I’ve made to the original game, as well....

OK, now be a Good Drone and press the Red Button…
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X