Supply crawler/trawler question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supply crawler/trawler question

Can a given square be serviced by two or even three supply crawlers? One for minerals, one for energy, and perhaps a third for nutrients? Some squares, like boreholes, can deliver a lot of goods in multiple categories, so having multiple teams of workers could come in pretty handy.

If this is covered in an FAQ somewhere, I just haven't found it yet, so relevant pointers are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

MapGuy

Nope, only one ressource can be crawled. If you have a borehole or other high yield square, you need a worker to get it all.

Don't think it's mentioned in any FAQ or like since you get a message about it's not possible to do it if you try
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Welcome to Apolyton!

You're correct that only one supply crawler can work a tile. I couldn't find this information, after a quick look, in either the manual or the Datalinks. However, if you move a crawler onto a tile that's already worked and press the O key, you get the following message:

Resources cannot be extracted from areas already used by other bases or supply convoys
      "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
      -- Kosh

Comment

Crawlers are best delegated to squares that are highly productive in one catagory: Examples:

1) Rocky squares. Put a road, mine and crawler on it for an easy +4 minerals. Mount Planet increases this to +6 minerals, same for a mineral bonus addition (I don't recall getting a rocky square in the Garland Crater.)
        2) High-altitude solar collectors. 3000m+ with a solar collector and river grants you +6 energy.
        3) Nutrient bonus squares. Farm + condenser equals 6 nutrients, add the Monsoon Jungle and a soil enricher, and you have +8.
        4) A rocky square with a nutrient bonus: depends. Apparently somewhere I read that if more than two resource bonus squares are worked in a base, then after a certain time one of them will expire sooner than a normal bonus square might peter out. If you count four bonus squares inside a base radius including the nutrient bonus+rocky square, I'd terraform it level and put a farm+condensor on it.
        5) Geothermal Shallows -- crawl it

Otherwise, if, for instance, you have the Garland Crater with a mineral bonus in one of the inner 9 squares, a Tree Farm + Hybrid Forest + river grants you 3-5-3, which isn't a bad square at all for a worker.

Comment

If you want to crawl multiple resources from a square, you could download Yitzi's patch which introduces new variables allowing this.

Comment

Working...
          X