Question About Morale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Morale

Immediately after a unit's morale listing, sometimes there are parentheses containing plus and/or minus symbols. (+) or (++) or (-+). What do these mean? I can't find it in the manual. Thanks in advance!

lich

I always figured it's like a B+ grade - it's still a, say, green unit, but almost ready to promote...
    AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
    JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
      I always figured it's like a B+ grade - it's still a, say, green unit, but almost ready to promote...
      You have played this game for years and you don't know what those mean ?

They mean that the unit gets a morale bonus from f.ex. Children's Crèche when defending a base. Some society choices can also have effects giving these marks.
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I've played since the year SMAC was released, and I guess I suck.
        AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
        JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

So which is better? A single plus or a minus/plus? They can't all mean the same thing.

Comment

I can't recall ever seen (-+) so I'm not sure how it effects the unit. I guess that it means neutral morale - ie. the unit has potential for (++) but due to SE choices it doesn't have it. With the right SE choice you can actually have (++++).

You can read more about it in F1 - All concepts - Morale.
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
              With the right SE choice you can actually have (++++).
              Of course I checked the datalinks before bothering to register here. What I know is this:

Very Green
              Green
              Disciplined
              Hardened
              Veteran
              Commando
              Elite

Each level up gives 12.5% bonus to combat. I won't bother listing indigenous life form equivalents.

Four plus signs in parentheses are useless to me if I don't know how they impact this math.

Thank you anyway!

lich

Comment

Each plus sign means that under the present conditions, the unit will be fighting at one morale level higher than its base level. So, a Disciplined unit with two plus signs will fight as though it were a Veteran unit. The reverse is also true--minus signs mean that it is fighting at lower morale levels, so two minus signs would have our Disciplined unit fighting as though it were Very Green. Note that a unit can not be boosted above Elite level or below Very Green level no matter how many plus or minuses it gets.
                Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

Working...
                X