Question about the intro video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the intro video

Intro video for original Alpha Centauri game seems intriguing but unfortunately, as a deaf person, it's impossible for me to know what's exactly being said as it's not captioned or subtitled. Is there a page or thread quoting the entire intro video? Also, I'm not sure if Alpha Centauri Crossfire has entirely different intro video as I've not had an opportunity to play that one yet.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    The Duke of Rockford

Originally posted by The Duke of Rockford View Post
    Intro video for original Alpha Centauri game seems intriguing but unfortunately, as a deaf person, it's impossible for me to know what's exactly being said as it's not captioned or subtitled. Is there a page or thread quoting the entire intro video? Also, I'm not sure if Alpha Centauri Crossfire has entirely different intro video as I've not had an opportunity to play that one yet.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    The Duke of Rockford
    To the second, yes. It's totally different.

To the first: At the start, before the scenes on Earth, it says

"Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the Garden of Eden. He drove out the Man, and he placed at the east of the Garden of Eden Cherubim, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the Tree of Life."
    - The Conclave Bible, Datalinks

Then during the last bit (when the rocket shoots off from Earth and the rest of it):

Earth, 2060. A small group of colonists leaves the ravages of Earth for a distant planet orbiting Alpha Centauri's primary star. Their ship, the United Nations Starship Unity, carries them on their journey to a new world and a new hope for humankind. Along the way a reactor malfunction damages the Unity, precipitating a crisis among the ship's seven most powerful leaders. As they enter the Alpha Centauri system, the crew splits into seven distinct factions, divided not by nationality, but by ideology, and their vision for the new world. After the ship breaks apart, the seven leaders guide their chosen crew down to the surface of Planet, seeking their destiny beneath an alien sky.

Do you want the Crossfire intro as well?

Comment

Originally posted by magic9mushroom View Post
      To the second, yes. It's totally different.

To the first: At the start, before the scenes on Earth, it says

"Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the Garden of Eden. He drove out the Man, and he placed at the east of the Garden of Eden Cherubim, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the Tree of Life."
      - The Conclave Bible, Datalinks

Then during the last bit (when the rocket shoots off from Earth and the rest of it):

Earth, 2060. A small group of colonists leaves the ravages of Earth for a distant planet orbiting Alpha Centauri's primary star. Their ship, the United Nations Starship Unity, carries them on their journey to a new world and a new hope for humankind. Along the way a reactor malfunction damages the Unity, precipitating a crisis among the ship's seven most powerful leaders. As they enter the Alpha Centauri system, the crew splits into seven distinct factions, divided not by nationality, but by ideology, and their vision for the new world. After the ship breaks apart, the seven leaders guide their chosen crew down to the surface of Planet, seeking their destiny beneath an alien sky.

Do you want the Crossfire intro as well?
      Thanks, I appreciate your help here and yes, Crossfire intro would also help since I'm sure it's not subtitled as well. Once I'm get most of Alpha Centauri worked out, I will be trying out the Crossfire expansion pack. Again, thanks for assistance here. Appreciate it.

EDIT: Also I'm not familiar with The Conclave Bible. I suspect it's a fictional edition of the Bible but I'm not sure.

Comment

Alien Crossfire:

In the years since Planetfall the Human Settlements have grown. Carving a new World out of the Chaos of Planets Surface. An uneasy Peace exists between the Factions, broken only by the occasional Skirmish for Resources.
        That uneasy Peace is shattered by a new Arrival in the Skies above Chiron. Two Scout ships from different Factions of a farflung Alien Race arrive, seeking the Location of a lost Nexus of Energy - The Legendary Sixth Manifold.
        As the Scout Ships break apart the Survivors head for planet surface in a handful of Lifepods bringing with them a generationsold Boodfeud that can only End in the Destruction of one Side.

The Humans are caught .. in a ALIEN CROSSFIRE
        Last edited by Main_Brain; August 19, 2012, 04:42.
        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Originally posted by Main_Brain View Post
          * Tyra?
          Chiron. It's the actual name of Planet.

Comment

True
            Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Working...
            X