Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the continents on the standard map have names?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the continents on the standard map have names?

Simple enough question. Deianira and Dexamenus get named but the big continents don't, and it's kind of annoying. If they don't have canonical names, is there at least some fanfic set on the Planet map that names them? Or are they named in those books by Mike Ely?
    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Nothing in the Manual :/

Unfortunatly I have no idea where my the Books ended up at, so no help there either, sorry.
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Just got Centauri Dawn, and there was nothing in there. The second one did mention that two factions on other continents need each other, so I'll find out if I ever get around to getting that book.

As far as I know, there is no official naming for them. Maybe Apolyton should hold a contest?
      I don't know what I've been told!
      Deirdre's got a Network Node!
      Love to press the Buster Switch!
      Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

On the Map of Planet there are named landmarks in addition to the standard landmarks and sea locations, but the continents and seas themselves are not named. Early editions of the game came with a printed map that shows all this.
        I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Anyone have the map?

Comment

Originally posted by gdijedi7 View Post
            Anyone have the map?
            Yes, I have the printed map. It comes with the Prima Strategy Guide. Copies are available on Amazon. If you order a used copy of the guide, you might want to check that the map hasn't been removed.
            "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
            -- Kosh

Comment

So...can you share the continent names with us?

Comment

Originally posted by gdijedi7 View Post
                So...can you share the continent names with us?
                As gwillybj noted, the continents aren't named on the printed map.
                "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
                -- Kosh

Comment

I thought he said that the continents were named on the printed map. A misunderstanding on my part.

Comment

If Twilight of the Mind (and my memory) truly can be trusted...

Most factions are on Central Continent. This has Pholus Ridge, The Great Dunes, and the Uranium Flats. The Hive moved across the ocean to the west, and that became Hive Continent. The other continent is Eastern Continent.

Will double check the next time I have access to my book, but I think these are correct.

Comment

Working...
                    X