Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting a cooperative victory on Thinker or Transcend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a cooperative victory on Thinker or Transcend?

I've played games through before on Librarian (or easier) difficulty, and it would seem that the AI isn't as hostile to you there, so I've been able to maintain pacts.

However, I've just been playing a game on Thinker difficulty (and I'd imagine Transcend is worse still), trying to maintain a pact with AI players. I was Miriam, got a pact with Santiago and Morgan. For a while things were OK, but after a while, Morgan just cancelled the pact because I wasn't running 'free market economics'. So it was just Santiago. Her 'mood' stayed at 'Magnanimous' pretty much every turn I checked, and for probably 100 years we were happily pacted, geographical neighbours, with her even occasionally transferring me a unit. I made sure I was always at vendetta with who she was, and even tried to maintain the same social engineering as her. After a while, I was slowly pulling ahead of her on the dominance chart (although not by THAT much; we were by far the two strongest powers as we had carved up the Monsoon Jungle 50/50 between us), and she just contacted me one day and cancelled the pact, with no warning. Her 'mood' had still been 'Magnanimous'! After that, things went downhill very quickly and we're now on the brink of war.

It seems the AI can't stand being in a pact with you if you get even vaguely powerful on Thinker/Transcend difficutly. Does this make it effectively impossible to win a cooperative victory on these levels? Any tips for getting the computer to stay pacted, and once they've cancelled the pact, is it pretty much over forever?
    === Jez ===
Working...
X