Probe Team on Transcend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe Team on Transcend

Hi I have the PRIMA strategy guide and it doesn't say anything that I could find on probe teams. Either on AI diffuculty bonus or the formulas used to calculate probe team cost.

I found this at http :// spyang.com / strategy / alphaCentauri.html

Knowledge - Excellent. I use this frequently. The bonuses are very useful and the -2 PROBE isn't a big deal if you are diligent about building enough probe teams to protect your bases. On transcend difficulty, your enemies can perform mind control probes so cheaply anyway that even without -2 PROBE, you are extremely vulnerable without probe teams to protect your bases. From this perspective, the -2 PROBE is negligible considering the fact that with a 0 probe rating, it will only cost the computer a couple hundred energy to mind control any of your bases.
    The reason I ask is I was once playing as Deidre on on transcend and yang mind controlled a base containing about 10 of my mind worms. WTF! Where did Yang get all that cash? He then proceeded to do it again.

I'm playing Morgan now on transcend on a standard sized map and I deployed my probes to deal with Yang once again. As usually he broke our peace treaty within 10 turns and sent his infantry after me. When I used my probe team I found that it cost 140 to subvert one of his infantry!

It seems to me transcend effect probe teams actions beneficially for the AI. Can anyone confirm this? If so do you have the formulas?

Originally posted by cysten View Post
    It seems to me transcend effect probe teams actions beneficially for the AI. Can anyone confirm this? If so do you have the formulas?
    I don't have the formulas but the AI cheats like mad on the highest levels.
    What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.

Comment

This thread, especially post #17, contains a discussion of costs to mind control a base. It's from the point-of-view of the human player. As waab points out, the AI probably receives bonuses according to the difficulty level. I couldn't find a discussion about the costs of other probe actions.
      "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
      -- Kosh

Comment

Thank you. I may investigate mind controlling units. If I do I will post.

Comment

Working...
        X