Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making the Monsoon Rainforest smaller / less beneficial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making the Monsoon Rainforest smaller / less beneficial?

Most of Planet's special landmarks offer a relatively small bonus to whoever finds them first (a few boreholes, one extra energy per square, one extra mineral, etc.), but not so much as to massively tip the balance in their favour. I find the Monsoon Rainforest an exception to this rule, however. It can be very large and the nutrient bonus it provides usually leads to its discovering faction building lots of huge bases there very quickly, which tips the balance hugely in their favour.

Is there a way to make the Monsoon Rainforest smaller during map generation (I'd make it 9x9 or something), or eliminate it altogether? Failing that, is there a way to somehow make it less of a benefit to the faction that discovers it?
    === Jez ===

Argh, and of course I mean to say the Monsoon Jungle, not the Monsoon Rainforest.
    === Jez ===

Comment

According to the #NATURAL entry in Darsnan and Rubin's article on editing Alpha(x).txt, it isn't possible to eliminate the Monsoon Jungle, or to modify its effects. What you can do is to create custom maps with smaller Monsoon Jungles and then use these maps in your games.
      "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
      -- Kosh

Comment

Working...
      X