• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindsay Riehl: Focus on Firaxis: A Look Inside the Company

Name: Lindsay Riehl
    Title: Marketing

LDespot: What did you do for SMG?

Lindsay Riehl: I worked with Origin's marketing and public relations department to get the word out on how cool Gettysburg! is.

LDespot: What are you working on for Alpha Centauri?

Lindsay Riehl: I'm doing the same type of work for Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri as I did for Gettysburg!

LDespot: How did you end up at Firaxis?

Lindsay Riehl: I had worked with Jeff, Sid and Brian while at MicroProse. When I heard they had left to form their own group I knew they would create and run a great company. I gave Jeff a call and asked if I could join the team.

LDespot: Are there any suggestions you would have for someone trying to get a job in the game industry in a position similar to your own?

Lindsay Riehl: A real love and knowledge of all types of computer and video games is still one of the best qualifications to get you in on the ground floor of a game companies. I would also recommend some classical consumer marketing training (either graduate or undergraduate school). Because the gaming industry is still relatively young, there are few people who have experience in consumer marketing and in computer gaming, so a combination of the two would look great on a resume!

Previous: David Evans - Next: Susan Brookins

Back to the Focus on Firaxis main page
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"
Working...
X