The Ruins - funny things happen up there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ruins - funny things happen up there

There is a feature comprising 8 monoliths called the ruins. I remember once reading something by Sid Meier or Brian Reynolds saying that a lot of funny things happen up there. Strange things are meant to occur if you terraform the central tile with a forest, then drill to acquifer and (i think) plant a sensor.

The 'Strange things' are meant to be different if you do the terraforming in a different order.

Can anybody shed some light on this. I havven't ever noticed anything particularly strange happening there, but I would like to know.

Usually I just build a city there.

Thank you for the help!

I can't recall ever hearing something like this. You know, you could test it yourself. Just start a game on, say, Map of Planet. Open the scenario editor and give yourself Cent Eco, the Weather Paradigm and Bioengineering (for clean reactors). Place multiple Clean Formers on the Ruins center tile and terraform away.
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

Did you ever end up running the test? I'm somewhat curious if you saw anything odd.

__________________________________________________ ____________

I'm always looking for a funny status & dad jokes
      Last edited by CultureClash; March 14, 2018, 20:29.
      I'm always looking for a funny facebook status & dad jokes

Comment

I think Bryan said it to make a joke, he said that instead of "there are ghosts at the ruins" or instead of "the ruins are haunted"

Comment

Working...
        X