Higher screen resolution in OSX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Higher screen resolution in OSX?

Has anyone managed to change the screen resolution of Alien Crossfire in OSX to match the native screen resolution of today's monitors, i.e. anything higher than 1024x768? I know it's possible on the Windows version by editing the .ini file, but the Mac version doesn't use a .ini file at all... Instead, I've located a preference file called "Alien Crossfire Prefs" under ~/Library/Preferences and it does seem to get updated by the Alien Crossfire application (judging by the last modified date corresponding to whenever I quit the program). However, when I try to open the preference file in TextEdit (or TextWrangler) it shows up as empty. There's another file, SMACX Carbon.plist that seems to contain only the location of the autosaves and doesn't get modified when I change settings within Alien Crossfire, so I'm guessing it won't provide any solutions.

When I hold down option when starting the program, I can choose from a few settings and when I start the program later, those settings are remembered. Obviously, there is some preference file somewhere that remembers my settings and I'm hoping to be able to modify that file to allow Alien Crossfire to run in all its glory under 2560x1440

Just to clarify, I have been able to get SMAX to run properly by applying Brad Oliver's Carbon patches (I'm using beta2 so that I won't wear out my precious AC CD's ), so I'm able to play it, but it would be so utterly awesome to run it in my native resolution.

So, has anyone been able to change the resolution under OSX? I'm using 10.6.6 on an Intel i7 iMac with an ATI Radeon HD 4850 (although I don't think it's too relevant, but always nice to specify when asking for help, eh?)
Working...
X