Efficiency Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Efficiency Question

Hey, glad to see there is such a strong SMAX community!

I have always wondered exactly how the Efficiency social stat works; all literature I can locate only lists "Paradigm Economy" and such, with no hard numbers. How much difference is there between any given value? Does anyone know the math on this? I am always wary when making choices that involve efficiency as it is not as cut and dry as other stats.

Try check the Datalinks(F1) - Advanced Concepts - Bureaucracy and Inefficiency.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

efficiency should worry you only if it is negative. -1efic is -25%energy, -2efic is -50%energy, -3efic is -75%energy, -4efic is -100%energy or no energy at all, except for headquarters where you never lose energy.

More then 0 to efficiency is only needed when you have bases far away from the headquarters, and unless you have also +2 or +3 economy is not very usefull.

now if you play the Hive, they dont care about negative efficiency. so you can put Police State and Planned, thats -4efficiency, and still get normal energy without loosing too much of it.
      Last edited by the_rest; November 14, 2010, 19:46. Reason: added

Comment

the_rest: This is not true. As BlackCat said, the datalinks contain a decent description of the mechanism behind inefficincy.

Comment

is not 100% true, but is almost good enough an aproximation.

Comment

Working...
          X