Insert Your Picture Here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insert Your Picture Here...

I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere but I can't find the thread.

I like to play a modified version of The Firaxians and have used 'Sid' as the template. Can someone please coach me thru (or point me to) the process by which I can use a picture of me instead of him?

I tried the basic photoshop process of starting with this...

Photobucket

... and extracted his face replacing it with mine...

Photobucket

(because I'm far better looking)

But that didn't work. And, yes, I even used the sme .PCX format. (All I got was a black spot).

Can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Please be gentle with me because I'm really a novice at modifying games. (Even tho my version of SMAX is held together with duct tape, plasic paperclips & earwax).

Thanx for any help you can give me!

you will find help at the Modding Guild. there are some active modders there.
    alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

Comment

Originally posted by Maybus View Post
      I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere but I can't find the thread.
      Take a look at How can I edit the picture files?.

At Apolyton, there is the AC Creation subforum. Illuminatus created an index, called the Design Workshop. There are many threads on editing .pcx files under the category "Custom Graphics."

I have also asked my friend Kilkakon at the CivFanatics Alpha Centauri forum (in addition to Kilkakon, modders tuga2112 and StrikertX22 have posted in the last day, making the CivFanatics forum currently the most active forum for modding) and he said

It's hard to say without seeing the problem image. It's probably a palette issue as that's the usual problem with pcx files but it could be anything really.
      Could you post the image with the black spots?

I suspect the issue might be that SMAC has a 255 color limit palette and your face wasn't in the 255 color limit causing it to be interpreted as black.

I hope this helps.
      Last edited by vyeh; July 30, 2010, 11:53.
      Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Working...
      X