I can't find a diplomacy screen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't find a diplomacy screen.

How do I find out what my diplomatic stance is with the other factions?

I stopped playing a particular game a few months ago and wanted to start again but I can't find any diplomatic information.

The only thing I can find is in the comm links and that doesn't give much information. For instance I have a pact with the Spartans. A pact for or to do what?

I noticed that I can click on any factions cities and see all of the city info.
    Why is that?
    If I am or am not the Council Leader where would I look to find that out?

Am I supposed to be keeping notes as I play?

Originally posted by TLF View Post
    How do I find out what my diplomatic stance is with the other factions?

I stopped playing a particular game a few months ago and wanted to start again but I can't find any diplomatic information.
    If you right-click on the name of the faction, you should get additional information. I am not sure what you mean by the nature of the pact.

I also noticed that I can click on any faction's cities and see all of the info about them.
    Why is that?
    If it is because I am the leader of the planetary council where can I find the info that I am or am not the leader?
    The Planetary Governor has automatic infiltration of the other factions. Infiltration means you can see what is happening in their bases and access the information available in the Base Operations Screen (F4).

Am I supposed to be keeping notes as I play the game?
    Sometimes you get information that Faction A and Faction B have formed a treaty. If you don't have infiltration, you will not be able to access this information later. Similarly there may be an announcement that Faction A has discovered Secrets of the Human Brain.
    Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Infiltrate your rivals, even if you're the Governor, and use the Faction info screen (that Yveh explained how to reach) to keep tabs on them regularly. You can use that information to steal techs, plan attacks, subvert enemy plans, and otherwise stymie your rivals.

Comment

Working...
      X