Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No numpad support on Logitech MX5000 Bluetooth Keyboard?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No numpad support on Logitech MX5000 Bluetooth Keyboard?!?

I have the Logitech MX5000 Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse combo. Running SMAC/X on Windows 7x64, I cannot get the numpad to work for moving units. This is very annoying. I've tried bringing up the On Screen Keyboard and disabling and reenabling numlock but with no luck. Any ideas?
    Remember kids: The higher your post count or the faster your computer, the larger your penis!

Searching through past posts, this problem has been reported several times over the years (though not in Windows 7). Most users have solved the problem by simply toggling the numlock key, but you've already tried that. Make sure that you're fully patched, just in case that's the problem. One user fixed the problem by reinstalling the game. That would be something to try, but first you might want to take either of the following less drastic steps:

* Load or start a game and go to Menu --> Game --> Preferences. Select Restore defaults. If that doesn't help, then

* Delete (or rename) your Alpha Centauri.ini and start a new game. You might have to recreate any customizations to the ini file.

These suggestions are based on the theory that there's something wrong with the ini file (even though there's nothing in the file that directly refers to the numlock pad). Reinstalling would create a new ini file, but perhaps something simpler would work.

Petek
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

Well I appreciate the reply but yeah no luck. :/
      Remember kids: The higher your post count or the faster your computer, the larger your penis!

Comment

If uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't help, then I have no other ideas. I would be interested to hear if any other Windows 7 users have the same problem. I think that Alinestra Covelia runs Windows 7, but I'm not sure whether she reads or posts here on Apolyton anymore.

Petek
        "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
        -- Kosh

Comment

Working...
        X