No announcement yet.

I'll be damned, twice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just reloaded the savegame I had, before the meteor strike, 2 turns back it was, and the meteor hit the same city. Hope this pretty much wraps it up, because it's a damn nuissance to be hit all the time.

Comment

Hope this pretty much wraps it up
      Your posts have been most useful, but I am afraid there is nothing I can do to prevent another strike happening in your games.

(the best I can offer is that you may wish to disable random events altogether when starting a new game)
      Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
      Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!

Comment

Guess I've done something silly again, but I got my capital city hit by a meteor. Wasn't that supposed to be impossible? ^^ Half of the game's secret projects gone

Comment

did you have any other cities within a 3sq radius?
          If you can confirm that it was indeed your capital that was hit, and not an adjacent base then that means I'll need to update the datalinks.
          Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
          Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!

Comment

Originally posted by dgh64 View Post
            Yeah, resources don't move around, so just save at the beginning of each game and use the scenario editor to reveal where they were after a meteor hits.
            They can appear or disappear though as a result of random events, i.e.

New $RESOURCETYPE1 resources discovered near $BASENAME0!

$RESOURCETYPE1 resource peters out near $BASENAME0.

Comment

It was my capital, Morgan industries. I just overwrote the savegame, but before I did, I had reloaded the game 2 times, and every time I got hit at the capital. The center of the blast was where it used to be.

I feel so silly to get hit so often, maybe I should reset the land-mass generator (On a related note, why don't CPU players get hit? That would be hilarious ^^)

Comment

Working...
              X