Problem with Clean-Mineral Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Clean-Mineral Strategy

Hi I'm new to the forum, But I've been playing SMAC & SMACX like an addict my entire life. I've also been browsing these forums the last couple weeks.

I recently read about the the strategy to keep Eco-damage down by Forcing a Pop, Building tree farms/Centauri Preserves, and then Recycling them just to build them again.

I've encountered a problem no one else seems to have; when I scrap my Centauri preserves or Tree Farms my Clean Minerals Number goes back down...

Has anyone else noticed this or know why this might be happening?

Does this happen when scrapping both TFs and CPs? I can see ecodamage increasing when scrapping a TF (since building one decreases ecodamage, irrespective of its effect on the clean mineral limit), and that might make it appear that the clean mineral limit decreased. I have scrapped CPs, and this works as expected (ecodamage doesn't increase, nor does the clean mineral limit decrease). If you have a save file that illustrates the effect that you observed for CPs, please post it here.

Slightly off-topic, but it probably isn't a good idea to scrap TFs. You'll lose growth while rebuilding it.

Petek
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

Originally posted by Petek View Post
      Slightly off-topic, but it probably isn't a good idea to scrap TFs. You'll lose growth while rebuilding it.

Petek
      And energy.
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Sorry..

Sorry everybody I jumped to conclusions.

When i scrapped a CP/TF at a base THAT base's ecodamage would go up by 3-5, but if scrapped all CP's then I had no such problem.

Anyway i guess this thread could be deleted...

Comment

You never know, someone else might have a similar 'problem' - better to just lock it.
          Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
          Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!

Comment

Working...
          X