Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Space Elevator: Science Fiction or Global Warming Cure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Elevator: Science Fiction or Global Warming Cure?

Researchers gathered at the Space Elevator Conference on Thursday said that an elevator could make transportation to space so much more inexpensive than it is now, that companies could build large solar-power farms in space to provide energy for people on Earth. That could eliminate the need to burn fossil fuels and thus reduce global warming.
    More at http://tech.yahoo.com/news/pcworld/2...lwarmingcure_1
    I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

If people could stop to talk non-stop about that global warming swindle, that would be a relief!
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

I did not see the movie, but I'm familiar with a notion that global warming is one of the tools of NWO to control world economy. This would be by carbon tax (iirc they call it this way). Working in research for 15 years now, I have to say I'm skeptical to any scientific claims that something is 100% sure and confirmed. I've seen enough stuff in my life. I would watch guys collecting carbon tax very closely.
      Mart
      Map creation contest
      WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

How much would it cost to send a can of worms up the space elevator?

ftr, I am not a believer in the whole global warming theory. It is mentioned only once in the whole article. Northeastern New York summers are great , but when winter sets in, I appreciate every positive degree we get (insert 'frozen' smily here).
        My intent was to share a story showing SMAC Tech In The News. The scientists are saying they know it can be done, they just need to work out the kinks and get it off the ground.
        In the article: "The cost to send the space shuttle into low Earth orbit is about US$64,000 per kilogram," said Bryan Laubscher, president of Odysseus Technologies. He estimated it would cost more like $3,000 per kilogram to send items into the higher geosynchronous orbit on a space elevator. Yesterday on "The Universe" (on History Channel) another scientist said it could even go as low as $1,000/kg.
        I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Working...
        X