Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMAC on netbook problem

Hello,

I've recently bought a netbook and have installed SMAC and Alien Crossfire onto it, I bought a copy of the games on the budget Sold Out label. The main reason I bought the game was because I believed that the XP patch removed the requirement to have the CD in the drive (I don't even have a CD drive). However, despite installing the patch an error message pops up requesting the CD. Is this how it should be or have I done something wrong?

Thanks.

Sorry to double post but I've discovered that I can run SMAC itself directly from the terran.exe file but I get a warning that some game features might not work (what features are they and can this be solved?).

However, I still can't run the Alien Crossfire expansion.

Comment

iirc, the features would be some sounds and the SP videos, but that would depend on if you could do a complete installation that puts those files on your HD.
      I'm surprised you can't run Crossfire. Have you tried running terranx.exe directly as you did terran.exe?
      I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

The XP Patch doesn't remove the cd check for Crossfire. There is an obvious way out of this problem but I think discussion of that kind is frowned upon here.

Comment

Working...
        X