Best Description of Alpha Centauri Ecosystem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Description of Alpha Centauri Ecosystem

Where can I find the best discussion of the different creatures on AC? I would like to see what has been discussed regarding the ecology etc.

I'm not completely sure, but I don't think there really has been such a discussion in general. Each type of native life has been discussed in it's own role as a weapon. A good read for such general information would be Chapter 3 and Appendix 5 in the game manual.
    hth
    willy
    I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Probably the best description is in the back of the SMAC manuel itself.

However, if you want to see an online discussion... start one. Do you have any specific questions?
      To those who understand,
      I extend my hand.
      To the doubtful I demand,
      Take me as I am.

Comment

On page 239 in the SMAC manual, in the designer's notes, Brian Reynolds mentions Derek "Del" Cotter:
        "...a British fan who proved so helpful in setting us straight on astronomy, biology and interstellar travel..."

He is the lead author of the planet science, it seems. Some ideas are of others, I guess people were giving him new ideas too.
        Mart
        Map creation contest
        WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Another source is "Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri" GURPS, published by Steve Jackson Games. It gives a very approachable and digestible summary of Planet's ecosystem.

Comment

Working...
          X