Condensers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condensers

So did condensers ever affect a 2-square radius like it says in the manual? I hadn't been paying too much attention to all the effects, even though something seemed off, but when I built one in an arid area, only its square and the surrounding squares changed.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

That is what the game considers a 2 square radius. The square in which you build it is considered the first square. The same holds true for sensors. I agree, the terminology is somewhat misleading.

Comment

One square does not a radius make! When I see 2-square radius, I think BFC.
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

I have to agree with Lord Avalon. I can confirm that the condensors only affect the squares immediately adjacent to it, subject to the exception I state here, but that sensor arrays give a defensive bonus to units that are two squares away from a sensor array in their faction's territory. And the manual uses "two-square radius" to refer to the defensive bonus of sensor arrays.
        Last edited by vyeh; June 19, 2009, 21:20.
        Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Working...
        X