No announcement yet.

SMAC video interviews still available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMAC video interviews still available?

Are the 10 promotional SMAC interviews still available somewhere? They were featured on the now defunct official SMAC site (here's a copy from the internet archive). This site is now offline, and the videos weren't archived. They aren't available from firaxis.com either, and while Apolyton apparently did have them for download, all the respective links on the the downloads page are currently broken. I also checked youtube, which has some SMAC related material, but couldn't find them there either.

Are these videos still available somewhere, or does someone still have them and could make them available again?

From this page go to GALLERY, then VIDEO CLIPS. Is that what you're looking for?

Petek
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

Originally posted by Petek View Post
      From this page go to GALLERY, then VIDEO CLIPS. Is that what you're looking for?
      Yes, exactly. Thanks!

(Quite impressive btw, there aren't that many games around where you can ask a question for 10 year old promotion material and get the right answer in less than 30 minutes.)

Comment

well, there aren't many games as SMAC!
        alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

Comment

I was looking around the website and saw this in the faq:

Will SMAC have stacks?
          You can assign units to stacks and move them as a stack, which should help the endgame management problems often seen in this genre of game.
          Where are these stacks?

Comment

There are provisions for groups, but I've never used them.
            Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Working...
            X