UoP Vs Miriam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UoP Vs Miriam

I have landed right near the Monsoon Jungle! Unfortunately, Miriam has built at least one base down there, too.

How do you think I should proceed? Should I forget the usual research beeline and just try and get 4-1-2 Attack Rovers and wipe her out ASAP?

Also, I don't like exploring the pods if they are on the monsoon jungle, as they often spray fungus everywhere. Do you think I should build bases first and then explore them later? A bit difficult, with Believer scouts wandering around...

You have a few options. First, you can establish a base at the very edge of your territory, which will push your territory line further into the Jungle. Another option is to violate a truce and establish a base within HER territory (she will likely declare vendetta).

But, considering Miriam is NOT a nice neighbor it is generally better to wipe her out. If you let her get established in the Jungle you'll have a problem keeping up. It is always better to attack her then let her 25% attack bonus hit you.

Hydro
    Last edited by Hydro; March 21, 2009, 18:24.

Comment

Hydro says it quite clear - having Miriam as neighbour is always a problem - her sitting on jungle doesn't make it better - being Uni makes it worse, so see it as an opportunity to get rid of a nasty opponent while she is still relatively weak.

Unless the 4-1-2 rovers is available or close, I would even go with 2-1-2 rovers.
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

@yeehi: Why not try two strategies? Start from some early save file, beeline for Impact weapons, and crush Miriam. Then go back to the save file and play a more standard UoP strategy (beeline for crawlers, build Virtual World, and so on). Play both games for 100 turns, or so. In which do you stand better? It would be interesting to post both games here, so we all could compare.

Petek
        "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
        -- Kosh

Comment

Working...
        X