Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3088_SMAniaC_Gold Question

Hi,

I've been trying to get this mod running for a while, but it does run but not fully, theres a couple of factions in the mod which aren't playable.

Help.

Which factions? What happens when you try to play them?
    Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

When you say unplayable to you mean the don't work at all or they aren't balanced?

Comment

In normal play, when I the hive, it's almost like holding the spacebar down for several turns, also it somewhat drive me nuts that (in the gam play) it says resource sort fall, but when it go to the base the resources are fine?!?

The unplayable factions are the alphax, bree, empath, genesis, ghost, republic and templar. I looked it the doc file and txt files and there on real indication how to run it?

It seem to be balanced, I guess.

Comment

You mean atlantis, not alphax. These are the seven custom factions.

It sounds like you did not replace the standard SMAniaC alphax.txt file with the customfac SMAniaC alphax.txt file in the download.

These are the instructions from "customfac readmefirst.txt"

"Copy the contents of the seven folders into your main SMAC directory. Except for atlantis.mp3 and templar.mp3. Those should be put into the 'voices' directory.

Oh don't forget: you need to copy the alphax.txt included in this download over the standard SMAniaC one to be able to play these factions."

The customfac SMAniaC alphax.txt contains the following near the end of the file:

"#CUSTOMFACTIONS
          atlantis
          bree
          empath
          genesis
          ghost
          republic
          templar"

Could you post a save where the game says resources sort [sic] fall, but when it goes to the base the resources are fine?

Comment

The alphax.txt from the Gold download already has the seven new factions included and enabled by default. So I wouldn't know the problem.

Originally posted by Ota Kyi View Post
            In normal play, when I the hive, it's almost like holding the spacebar down for several turns, also it somewhat drive me nuts that (in the gam play) it says resource sort fall, but when it go to the base the resources are fine?!?
            Don't know what you are talking about.
            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Let's start with step 1. After you downloaded SMAniaC gold, did you copy it into your SMAX (you have to have Alien Crossfire to run SMAniaC) directory, overwriting the alphax.txt file?

If you didn't overwrite the alphax.txt file, that would explain why you can't access the 7 custom files. As Maniac said, the alphax.txt file in the SMAniaC gold has the custom factions listed.

What I suggest you do is backup your alphax.txt file, then copy the alphax.txt file from the download into your SMAX directory. Then see if you are able to play the custom files.

Comment

sometimes operating system pretend to copy files, while in fact not overwriting them - maybe i'm wrong, but it's worth searching here.
                File attributes? "read only"?
                Mart
                Map creation contest
                WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Oh, ops, I don't have Alien Crossfire, guess I'll have to get that smac complete.

Comment

Or if you have Civ4 BtS, you could try out Planetfall instead.
                    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Working...
                    X