Alpha Centauri Complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha Centauri Complete

It looks like Mastertronic publisher got the game with the expansion together. Check their website with the game here:

Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Shipping ChargesUnited Kingdom
    Free delivery!
    All orders to UK addresses are delivered FREE.

Same day despatch!
    If the game is in stock and your order is placed before 3.30pm on weekdays for delivery to the UK, we will despatch your order on the same day we receive it.

Europe
    £2.00 GBP for the first item, and £1.00 GBP for every further item.
    Rest of the world
    £3.00 GBP for the first item, and £1.50 GBP for every further item.
    Please note
    A maximum of 14 items per order applies to all orders for delivery outside of the United Kingdom. This allows goods ordered outside the UK to be despatched to you via airmail.
    Delivery is generally by First Class post in the UK and by Airmail to other destinations. As delivery is handled by the relevant postal authority, we cannot make any special arrangements for delivery times or dates.
    Accepts international orders, w00t!
    Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
    Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!

Comment

Originally posted by Mart View Post
      It looks like Mastertronic publisher got the game with the expansion together.
      Alien Crossfire available again after all these years - thats great!

We'll have to update the FAQ with this info.

Good find Mart.

D

Comment

Originally posted by Darsnan View Post
        Alien Crossfire available again after all these years - thats great!

We'll have to update the FAQ with this info.

Good find Mart.

D
        Actually, it was on Civilization Fanatic's already for some time thanks to bishopDC.

Comment

Mart brought it to the attention of this forum.

I sent a PM to Illuminatus asking him to modify Question 3 of the FAQ.
          Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Excellent find Mart.
            SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

I have to admit, I found it searching ebay. Then I was surprised, that there was some "complete" version?! And in the description it said it was including expansion. Then I got to Mastertronic through "sold-out" label.

Yes, I found now, it was already discussed here in another thread on Apolyton:

so credits should go to BlackCat. And then the question was "...is it a joke?" Well, until I have the CD in my hands, and it actually installs smax, I'm not sure too...
              Mart
              Map creation contest

Comment

Eh, I just stumbled over something on CFC where someone other had found gold.

Can't wait to hear if your keeps on.
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

It's definitely not a joke, Mart. I got one for a friend, it arrived yesterday.

Comment

A CFC poster installed SMAX:

"OK except for the minor tweak to the Algorithm thingy. All the patches and the Compatibility update are there. It goes well on my XP Desktop and even has a Faction Editor which was something new for me to play with."

The joke is on that eBay seller that was holding out for $250 ....
                    Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

The game I got has only 1.03f patch in smac disc, there is no smax patch. This is physically on the disc, maybe the patches are referred to in the web support part... I need to check.
                      Mart
                      Map creation contest

Comment

Is ACX still protected with safedisc?

Comment

Both exe are like 250 kB, both need CD to be in the drive, but I did not upgrade the versions. They are 1.0 - AC and ACX.
                          I can check protection later, when in home. I wonder if they put anything new, the installer is new, but protection most likely would be what was 10 years ago. They would need to recompile exe files to change it, right?
                          ----------
                          edit:

Just checked time stamps:
                          september 20, 1999 (1 minute difference between them
                          Lol, both are exactly 281,618 bytes
                          It was like that in planetary pack, but I just noticed.
                          PP from "laptop collection" 244,119 bytes, time: January 24, 2000

So SMAC Complete uses earlier compilations. Looks like this release was not much discussed between EA and Take2Int.

I have to read license more carefully for this complete release, maybe there are some "user-friendly" additions now after 10 years
                          Last edited by Mart; March 12, 2009, 14:10.
                          Mart
                          Map creation contest

Comment

Ya, those are safedisc protected exes. You can "unpack" the exe's without the source and remove safedisc. I was hoping that they would include unprotected ACX exe so I could post my patched version on forum. The 2000/xp compat update removes it for AC.

Still haven't gotten around to getting in touch with Firaxis. Wasn't there someone on forum affiliated with them?

Comment

Blake, as far as I know. Also administrators/owners of Apolyton know them well I think. The best person to talk with would be their lawyer, I think, someone who knows details about Firaxis rights and obligations. That's what I think maybe fastest and best way to be sure how post the patch. Because apparently EA and Take2 are not in good relations, there might be potential for problems.
                              Mart
                              Map creation contest

Comment

Working...
                              X