Unusual bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual bug

Two friends of mine and I have made numerous attempts to play LAN games of Alien Crossfire, but inevitably run into a specific problem: at some point (the turn number varying wildly), all text on the screen will be replaced by strings of the letter Y with a carat over it. Moments later, the game will either freeze or outright crash. We're running the XP patch, as without it, the game won't run. We've seen this on multiple computers, and reinstalling doesn't help. It also never happens in single player.
    I've scoured the web looking for solutions, but have yet to find anyone else who's ever had this problem. It occurred to me that this place was probably my best bet. Any help would be appreciated.

Has this one ever been brought up in the bug-fixing thread?
    AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
    JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Also, it might receive a faster answer in the multi-playing forum. It may be a simple hiccup with a straightforward fix.
      I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

I've copied the thread there.
        SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

That sounds like a memory overflow problem in the same vein as Caretakers/Usurpers Design workshop crash. I see OP was from Jan, but if someone can provide a saved game I'll look into it. Increasing the memory size is fairly straightforward and easy to do. I just need to know the location.

Comment

Working...
          X