Fixing SMACX Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here yuh go

This was a pretty easy fix, easier than I expected, and the icons look cooler lined up this way. I put the stupid pink back for you, too. You should find that the negative icons begin, to the pixel, precisely where the positive icons were. I am nothing if not meticulous.

I put a little joke in there for you, too. I think you'll be able to find it.
    Attached Files
    AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
    JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• Originally posted by scient View Post
      If someone could exactly emulate CPU voice, I wouldn't be against adding it in.
      I could get close. Someone would have to add reverb, possibly alter the pitch, but a fair approximmation is do-able, and adding our own stuff is just cooler.

What should it say?

"Ship Captured"? Ship Boarded"? Or "Vessel Captured", ect.?

No pasarán

Comment

• Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
        This was a pretty easy fix, easier than I expected, and the icons look cooler lined up this way. I put the stupid pink back for you, too. You should find that the negative icons begin, to the pixel, precisely where the positive icons were. I am nothing if not meticulous.

Excellent.

Comment

Ok, got it. Downhill/Uphill bonuses, right? And I'm correct in negating these bonuses if both squares are ocean? I'll skim through this bonus code and see if I can find any others.
          Yes, downhill/uphill bonuses.

And we don't want bonuses if both squares are ocean.
          Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

That looks great! A small aesthetic issue: 8+ means more than plus eight (>8), -8+ means more than minus eight (>-8), whereas -8- is meant, less than minus eight (<-8). But if you don't like the consistency, players can pretty easily change that for themselves, of course.

Comment

• Blame Firaxis

You mean to say the original icon should have somehow indicated =/>8? I agree. I probably could go through and reduce the plus in size and add parentheses to make it read 8(+). The problem is fitting it on the icon, and I'll never get my time back; I don't know if it's worth taking the trouble.

Thoughts, anyone?

No pasarán

Comment

You mean to say the original icon should have somehow indicated =/>8? I agree. I probably could go through and reduce the plus in size and add parentheses to make it read 8(+). The problem is fitting it on the icon, and I'll never get my time back; I don't know if it's worth taking the trouble.

Thoughts, anyone?
                The only reason negative nutrients will come up is because Darsnan or some other mod creator wants a worked square to reflect that the worker has to have more than two nutrients. Darsnan has been looking at the worker requiring 2 more nutrients (above the two nutrients that the worker would normally require).

I think the current set of icons is enough.

Comment

• Ya, the ones now are fine. Also, once I get it working if someone really wanted to do they can edit the icons themselves since support for +/- will be there.

Comment

• OK, I don't think the following items are bugs, but rather that the original programmers intended for the AIs:

1) with Raise Land and Lower Land disabled in the alpha(x).txt, the AIs are still able to raise land (and note the WP is not available to the AIs, either).

2) Before the AIs have researched the appropriate technology they are able to build roads in fungus.

I think these options were programmed in as cheats to make the AIs more competitive, and should not be considered bugs. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

D

Comment

• I am sorry if this has already been covered.

Could you look up what governs base riots and defections especially? It is a rare thing to occur in SP, and it seems that drones always join the nearest faction. I am not even sure if Free Drone advantage for defection works properly.
                      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Darsnan View Post
                        OK, I don't think the following items are bugs, but rather that the original programmers intended for the AIs:

1) with Raise Land and Lower Land disabled in the alpha(x).txt, the AIs are still able to raise land (and note the WP is not available to the AIs, either).

2) Before the AIs have researched the appropriate technology they are able to build roads in fungus.

I think these options were programmed in as cheats to make the AIs more competitive, and should not be considered bugs. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

D
                        Agreed
                        I got scolded in Bold letters by Iluminatus.
                        That makes me sad. :(

I can't use smilies in my signature that makes me even more sad. :(

Comment

• Originally posted by Darsnan View Post
                          OK, I don't think the following items are bugs, but rather that the original programmers intended for the AIs:

Agreed.This does make me remember another bug that might already have been mentioned:

Formers that are told to construct a road with the ctrl + r command can also place roads in fungus for the player, before having the required technology (just as automated = AI formers).

Comment

• @scient:

Your patch removes the startup msg about "CPU not supported." However, we now get another startup msg to the effect that the publisher could not be verified. Will it be possible to remove this msg? Perhaps when the patch is finalized?

Petek
                            "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
                            -- Kosh

Comment

• Can you take a screenshot? I've never seen that message before but I'll kill it if it's a useless check. I can always use more space to put my own patches.

Comment

Final thing. I noticed in "Edit Map > Place Natural Landmark > Freshwater Sea" doesn't seem to work. Are there some special map conditions I need to add it in? I tried in land locked area like in planet map but still no go.
                                Did you ever get this to work?

1) Activate scenario editor.

2) Place cursor on any ocean square (every ocean square that can be reached from the highlighted ocean square will be effected, so you can use this to increase the nutrient yield of all open ocean squares).

3) Then Edit Map > Place Natural Landmark > Freshwater Sea.

I had no problems using an existing game file or editing the map of planet.

Comment

Working...
                                X