infiltrator bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• infiltrator bug?

After not playing AC for the last year, I reinstalled it (XP) the other day. Started playing (the game's as great as I remembered), but ran into a problem.

When I built Empath's Guild and got elected governor, the game told me I had infiltrators, but I couldn't access any of the info from the other factions. Could still access my ally's info, though.

Tried with and without the patch. Tried reinstalling the whole thing. No luck.

I was hoping someone out there would have some ideas.

Could you post a save?

Petek might have an idea, but I'm sure he'll ask for a save.
    Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Here is a save file. Hopefully there's something interesting in there.
      Attached Files

Comment

And just in case, here's another save file.
        Attached Files

Comment

Of course, right after posting those, I tried again and figured it out. Wrong entries in ini files give me headaches.

Sorry and thanks.

Comment

What was wrong in the ini files? (This could help someone else in the future.)

I opened the two games and was able to infiltrate all of the other factions.
            Last edited by vyeh; November 13, 2008, 19:38.

Comment

It's listed in the instructions from Firaxis for XP. It had confused me since I'm sure I hadn't needed to do this last time. Maybe something with the more recent XP service packs.

Anyways, in the file Alpha Centauri.ini, the default values need to be changed as follows:

ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm=0

to

ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm=1

No idea why it affected the game the way it did, but making that adjustment fixed it. Hope this will be useful to someone at some point.

Comment

Thank you for following up.

Once someone had a problem. Petek and I thought we had a solution, but we never received a response to our inquiry whether the solution worked.

Had we received a positive response, one of us would have added the problem and solution to this forum's FAQ, which is a useful reference.

SMAC is a great game. If you get tired of the standard version, try one of Darsnan's scenarios in this forum. In his latest (a SMAX scenario), the oceans produce -2 nutrients, 2 minerals and 2 energy (representing highly toxic mineral and energy source, a reversal of the standard 1/0/0).

Comment

Working...
                X