Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alien Crossfire and Alpha Centauri on ebay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Crossfire and Alpha Centauri on ebay.

Well I didn't realize what a gem I had in my closet. I put these on ebay after letting them sit in my closet for 8 years. Shortly after I put them up I received an email saying how rare Alien Crossfire was, especially unopened, and suggested I go to this site and post saying its for sale.

The reason I bought the games originally were because I loved Pirates, Gettysburg and Antietam, and Civilization. However I never really got around to playing it because someone introduced me to Starcraft and Brood War which consumed my life for a year or two.

Anyway, if anyone has any questions feel free to email me! Hope this makes someone happy!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sid-Meiers-Alpha...arms=72%3A1205|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Re: Alien Crossfire and Alpha Centauri on ebay.

Originally posted by Notorious Ungo
    Well I didn't realize what a gem I had in my closet. I put these on ebay after letting them sit in my closet for 8 years. Shortly after I put them up I received an email saying how rare Alien Crossfire was, especially unopened, and suggested I go to this site and post saying its for sale.
    Your not the one offering the game for $200US are you?
    I find it hard to believe that people would pay that much for a 10 year old game that might not even work on their computer.

D

Comment

Ha. No. I started mine at 10 dollars, and whatever it goes for I will sell it for. His doesn't even have the box, geez.

It's crazy stuff what people will pay for old games and have the possibility they may not work, or will have to go through a bunch of extra steps to make it work. About a year ago I put up some Command and Conquer Soundtrack that I thought was worthless and someone bought it for 70 bucks. I guess the old saying is right, one mans junk is another mans treasure.

Comment

Outbid at the last moment.
        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon
          Outbid at the last moment.
          Yeah, I ran into that back in '02 when I was trying to get a backup copy of the game. Everytime I was about to win the bid, someone bid just a couple dollars higher, and the timer was reset and I had to go thru the whole process again. Then the Laptop Collection came out (which had two copies of SMAX in it) and that solved that problem.

You don't have SMAX Lord Avalon?

D

Comment

Originally posted by Darsnan

You don't have SMAX Lord Avalon?

D
            No, I don't. But at least I have SMAC.

I don't think I had a computer of my own when SMAC first came out, and the little I played at a friend's place didn't move me to buy my own copy. My loss.

I saw people still raving about it, so I finally decided to pick up a copy (full box, with manual and tech chart!) on ebay just after last Christmas. SMAX was rather pricy, so I didn't go for it.

I happened to stop by the AC forum and saw the OP, so I put in a bid last night. Maybe I should have waited a little longer, as I was the high bidder for a few minutes, but I was watching football and thought I might miss my chance to bid at all if I got too caught up in the game.

Oh, well. Maybe next time.
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon

No, I don't have SMAX.

Hi Lord Avalon,

as I mentioned above I bought the Laptop Collection when it came out, so that I would have a backup copy of SMAC and SMAX. Just checked and I still have the backup copy of SMAX: I will sell it to you for cost ($20US) plus S & H on three conditions:

1) If you can't get it to work on your system, then I get it back (and in that case I won't charge you the $20).

2) you never sell it on E-Bay: if for some reason you don't like it, you sell it back to me at cost.

3) If my remaining SMAX disc goes south in the future, I get to buy this disc back from you at cost (i.e. $20US plus S & H).

D

Comment

Originally posted by Darsnan

Hi Lord Avalon,

as I mentioned above I bought the Laptop Collection when it came out, so that I would have a backup copy of SMAC and SMAX. Just checked and I still have the backup copy of SMAX: I will sell it to you for cost ($20US) plus S & H on three conditions:

1) If you can't get it to work on your system, then I get it back (and in that case I won't charge you the $20).

2) you never sell it on E-Bay: if for some reason you don't like it, you sell it back to me at cost.

3) If my remaining SMAX disc goes south in the future, I get to buy this disc back from you at cost (i.e. $20US plus S & H).

D
                Holy crap, what a deal!

Sent pm.

Comment

Working...
                X