The Hybrids Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hybrids Game

Here's a little forum fun. I'm going to post a hybrid faction. Pick one of the two factions I used, cross them with another faction, and see what comes out! Assume that for their advantages and disadvantages, I just give the new hybrid faction the sum of the parent factions parts. I shall list only their name, nickname, anything else cool I come up with, their agenda, and their aversion.

For most hybrids, pick their agenda from one of the two parent factions, and use the other's aversion. However, for syntheses (thesis x antithesis, such as Morganites x Gaians), feel free to get creative.

And so I present:

Believers x Morganites = The Temple of the Invisible Hand
    Nickname: Templars
    Personality: Aggressive (or Erratic?)
    Agenda: Free Market
    Aversion: Knowledge

Note: Yes, that is "Templars" as in "Knights Templar," the organization regarded by many economic historians as the first banking institution ever recorded, which was also a militant religious order, dedicated to safeguarding the persons and possessions of pilgrims traveling to Jerusalem, and who developed a substantial currency conveying network.

So the next person picks either the Morganites or the Believers, and crosses them with any faction from either SMAC or SMAX.
    To those who understand,
    I extend my hand.
    To the doubtful I demand,
    Take me as I am.

Believers x Gaians = An Domhan Sagart
    Nickname = Druids
    Personality: Aggressive
    Agenda: Fundamentalism
    Aversion: Free Market

'An Domhan Sagart' is an Irish nature cult with connections to Deidre's environmental protection groups on Earth. Although often called Druids by outsiders, they have little relation to the original druids other than a nature based religion. On Earth they were responsible for destroying billions worth of industrial and wealthy property. In the years leading up to the Unity mission they started to become even more militant with tactics such as assassinations and targeted biological warfare attacks.

Although their history is a closely guarded secret, it is believed that An Domhan Sagart had fairly international roots. Even the early order in Ireland was a fairly international community. It is believed that the extremist militant wing of the global environmentalist movement slowly began to migrate to Ireland, one of its last refuges. Over that time the environmentalist ideology evolved into a full religion.

So that means the next person has to do a Gaian or Believer hybrid.

Comment

Gaian + Spartan = Chiron Liberation Front
      Nickname: Eco Whackos
      Personality: aggressive
      Agenda: Green
      Aversion: Knowledge, Free Market, Democracy

Comment

Yang+Morgan = Human Trade Coalition
        Nickname: Rabid Slavers
        Personality: Erratic
        Agenda: Weath
        Aversion: Democracy

Comment

Yang + Pirates = Deep Society

Nickname = Great Blue
          Personality = Pacifist
          Agenda = Planned
          Aversion = Green

Comment

Yang + Cybernetic Consciousness = The Wave

Comment

Note: Yes, that is "Templars" as in "Knights Templar," the organization regarded by many economic historians as the first banking institution ever recorded, which was also a militant religious order,
              Really? The first banking institution? Weren't there Jewish bankers and banking houses before then?

--
              Fun thread, by the way.
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Cybernetic Consciousness + Spartans = The Borg

Comment

Cybernetic Consciousness + Spartans = The Borg
                  I dunno, I'd say CyCon + Hive = Borg.

For mine, the Lal + Domai = The Wobblies, or IWW.

Comment

Dumai + Pirates

Nickname = Merchant Seamen
                    Personality = Workaholic
                    Agenda = Power
                    Aversion = Thought Control
                    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Working...
                    X