Well, dammit all !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, dammit all !

It's 2347 and I'm rocking Alpha Centauri as Aki-Zeta.

The Usurpers are close by, my main problem, having polished off the Planet Cult, the Drones and Morgan.

However, I've managed to build every secret project except the Planetary Energy Bank (Roze's) and the Planetary Thingummy Whatsit- base begins at 3- Usurper.

Then at end of turn, all my bases and crawlers and foil crawlers disappear.

I'm left with two colony pods, a few infantry and a chaos rover.

Gaghahaghahah !!!!!!!!! (Iron Man rules applied)

However, in a later game, Marr sent a probe into my Peacekeeper H.Q., liberating his own faction, which promptly caused all Usurper bases to vanish.

Oh, and submissive pact brothers Yang and Zakharov both tried to frame me for probe sabotage attempts (Zakharov against my other submissive pact brother Santiago).

I just love this game.
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

I have never seen that. You don't seem too much surprised about vanishing bases and conquered factions' probe team. Are these well-known bugs?

Comment

This rare bug is reported from time-to-time. It usually involves the first scenario described by molly bloom (all your own bases disappear and your faction respawns with minimal techs, bases and units). This situation sometimes can be directly attributed to an AI faction probing your HQ trying to free some faction that you eliminated. Some of those who report this bug state that their HQ was protected by probes, however.

I'm not aware of anyone reporting this bug in which another faction's bases disappear, but don't see any reason that it couldn't happen.

Oh, and submissive pact brothers Yang and Zakharov both tried to frame me for probe sabotage attempts (Zakharov against my other submissive pact brother Santiago).
      Haven't seen or heard of this one.

Petek
      "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
      -- Kosh

Comment

Originally posted by Verrucosus
        I have never seen that. You don't seem too much surprised about vanishing bases and conquered factions' probe team.
        I'm not sure if 'surprised' adequately describes the feelings that I experienced...

I don't suffer usually from bruxism, but there was definitely a degree of teeth gnashery and grindation goin' on....

I was about to start raining fungal missiles on Marr (along with tectonic missiles hard by his coastal bases) and as the occupier of the Nexus I was quite looking forward to sending over some Great Boils and a few Locusts to keep him occupied- along with the odd nerve gas chopper of course.

I was enjoying the Progenitor variation on wishing me to 'choke on my boil'...

Still, my new game is as Deirdre and everybody (incl. both alien factions) has declared Vendetta. Svensgaard came perilously close to delivering a planet buster too... and no orbital defence pods in place yet.

What larks.
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
        X