SMAX Bluescreen - Fatal error 0E at 0028:0770EA11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMAX Bluescreen - Fatal error 0E at 0028:0770EA11

When running SMAX, I got a oddball crash. First a little about my machine. It is a Win98 (Second Edition A). It has enough memory. I get the same error repeatedly (after the crash I reloaded the "1 turn ago" autosave)

What happens: I make my moves, then it looks like one of the aliens is attacked by someone and the game goes to Bluescreen

Specifically I get the message
    Fatal error 0E at 0028:0770EA11
    If I hit space, I then get
    Fatal error 0E at 0028:0B24F128

Is your game at the stage where some factions may have Doctrine:Air Power? If so, you may be running into the "interceptor bug" (which occurs when an interceptor scrambles). On more recent systems there is no fix for this bug, but your system is of such a vintage that you might be able to fix the problem. Are you running the Microsoft Intellimouse driver (which would show up in task manager as point32.exe)? If so, kill off that process before starting SMAC and see if that helps.

If that doesn't work, or if the problem is not with interceptors, then I doubt that the crash can be fixed. You could try going back to an earlier autosave (if you have one) and play from there. Perhaps the condition that caused the crash wouldn't rematerialize. Otherwise, I suggest that you simply start a new game. If you continue to get crashes in other games, then post again and we can troubleshoot with other ideas.

HTH

Petek
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

It has happened again in a new game. It had nothing to do with Interceptors. What happened was that a native Spore Launcher attacked another factions unit (The crash occurred during the AI activity) The crash doesn't happen every time this attack occurs, but once it does the crash keeps repeating when I reload one of the auto-save games and go forward

BTW, I was playing as the Pirates (it shouldn't matter)

Comment

you could post saves from just before crash. I could see if I'm getting these problems too.
        Mart
        Map creation contest
        WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Working...
        X