For all who remember Chaos Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all who remember Chaos Theory

-- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Thank you, binTravkin. This is very sad news. I was unaware about Chaos Theory's academic background, but given his scientific attention to the game mechanics I'm not surprised about his field of study. Despite his accomplishments, it's hard not to feel that he didn't get enough turns. May he rest in peace.

Comment

CT was one of the Honored Elders of SMAC (even if he was only 25!), and surely one of the reasons that this SMAC community has outlived all the rest.

He will be sorely missed.

Hydro

Comment

He was a student at University of Missouri?

Far out. We had two things in common - UM membership, and SMAC devotion.

He was an intelligent poster and a friendly face on these boards. They were all the brighter for his contribution.
        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Lordy. I had no idea.

Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

He will be sorely missed. RIP Brian.
            SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

CT always did prefer Transcendence

RIP my friend

Comment

Who is tapped for his bio?
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

My first time visiting this forum in months...and this is the first thing I hear. =/

RIP CT. He will indeed be missed.
                  Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

He was a cool guy. Coming here after so long it is sad to read this.
                    "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Truly a shame. I decided to drop by 'poly on a whim. Us SMACers are slowly disappearing .

CwArchaic: He will indeed be missed.
                      #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
                      #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

Wow

I remember him very well as we posted about the game dozens and dozens of times . I probably have dozens of emails to and from him from back in the day

RIP
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Wow, this is quite a shock! I didn´t know he was *that* sick...

Darn. May he be remembered for what he was. Rest in Peace, mate.

As endgame said, we are slowly disappearing... This is a harsh way of uniting the remaining lot...
                          Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                          Let me eat your yummy brain!
                          "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Working...
                          X