Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• terran.icd.exe :(

Hey all,
    while playing after a few turns, anywhere from 0-100, an error will come up when i try to move a unit.
    "terran.icd.exe" is performing errors and must shut down.
    If i load the autosave and try to move the unit to the same square the same error occurs, if i move it somewhere different then the error just comes up at a later stage.

Has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas on how to fix it?

There isn't a single explanation for your error. First, have you installed the latest patches, which may be found here? If not, you should first install the SMAC v4.0 Update, then the SMAC Win 2000/XP Update.

There is one known problem that causes terran.exe crashes, but it involves NeedleJet interceptors. Since you describe the errors as happening early in the game, that's probably not the problem.

If you already patched, or patching doesn't help, then try adding the line

ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm=1

to your Alpha Centauri.ini file (or changing it from =0 to =1 if already present).

If none of this helps, then refer to this troubleshooting article. Your system probably has some incompatibilty with either video, audio or DirectX that needs to be resolved.

HTH

Petek
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

Thanks Petek, I installed the SMAC Win2000/XP Update, and that seems to have worked.

If it comes up again I'll try adding that line, but I'm hoping it's all fine now.

Comment

Back again, I think I worked out what the problem is, and is means it occured again.

During a combat you can hold down shift for the combat to "go" quicker, after this happens is when the terran.exe error sometimes occurs, i say sometimes because i doesnt happen all the time.

Does anyone have any idea as to why that might happen?

Comment

I hadn't heard of using the Shift key to speed up battles (and it doesn't seem to be mentioned in the manual). I experimented, and found that if you depress the Shift key after the battle begins, battles are resolved instantly. The game never crashed while doing so, however.

You can achieve approximately the same effect by going into the Menu and checking Fast battle resolution under Game, Advanced Preferences. I've never had any problems with this option. Does changing that option fix your problem?
          "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
          -- Kosh

Comment

While the Shift key isn't mentioned in the manual, it is on the back side of the CD casing of the planetary pack.

Edit: Checking "fast battle resolution" is a better way than Shift to speed up - that way you still have an idea of what is happening - you don't want to miss those flickerings there are when enemy units moves in fungus.
            Last edited by BlackCat; August 14, 2007, 16:31.
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
            X