Is this bug familiar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this bug familiar?

And if so does anyone know how to kill it?

Every once in a great while (one game in, I dunno, thirty maybe), for no apparent reason, all my bases will stop growing. The nut tank is full, and says growth in one turn, but the next turn it is still full, and that's that. Eventually the nut tank at every base will be full, and that's REALLY that. Restarting the game makes no difference, so whatever it is it goes with the save.

Thoughts? Answers? Sympathy?

One possible explanation is that you've achieved a GROWTH of -3. That effectively prevents your bases from growing. For example, this could happen playing either the Pirates or the Consciousness (GROWTH -1) and running Green (GROWTH -2).

Another possible explanation is that you haven't built Hab Complexes or Domes. However, given that it happens to you so infrequently, the first explanation is more likely.

Hope this helps.

Petek
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

When you have possible bug, it helps to make a save of the game and post it along with your question.
      Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Thanks Petek. I feel like a very dim bulb. I use green a lot, and never thought about the extra effect on Pirates.

Comment

Working...
        X