SMACX bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMACX bug

Hi, I am running SMACX. I just manageed to find it. I love it! The only annoying problem is that whenever any text about the non SMACX factions (University, Morganites, etc.) appears, it is transparent. I am running a mac by the way.

I run Mac too. Can you post a save file? You may have to zip it first.
    Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Nope! I tried but it doesn't work. I can't upload it due to the file extension block. Wait.... wazza za..... compress..... bla... zip it first................................. OK! Comin 'atcha!
      Attached Files

Comment

I've run the save file for ten turns. I've seen text about tech breakthroughs, but none of it is transparent. I'm running the game in the classic mode in OS 10.4. What is your operating system?

Could you give me an example of transparent text. If you can read it, quote it. If you can't, give me an idea of what the game was doing immediately before.

I'm assuming that you originally had SMAC (the original game) installed via the "Alpha Centauri Installer" from the SMAC CD and then you installed Alien Crossfire by copying the "Alien Crossfire" application and the "Add-On Data" from the Alien Crossfire CD into the "Alpha Centauri" folder on your hard drive. If this is incorrect, tell me how you installed SMACX.

How many colors is your display set to (256, thousands, millions)?

Comment

My diplay is set to millions and I did do the standard install procedure.
          I mean the comlink names, the faction dominance, the unit icon.
          I am running 10.4.8 in classic mode and it ONLY happens with original factions.
          I'll try setting my display to 256 and see if that helps.

Comment

I played the game until I contacted the Believers. Miriam's comlink name was not transparent, nor her message. The faction dominance chart and graph were not transparent. Miriam's unit icon was not transparent.

I'm sorry I can't help you. You might try aspyr's site.

Comment

It may be that the non interlaced artwork pack I installed from the CD did it. I am reinstalling all add on data from the cd.
              If that fails, i will completely reinstall the game from scratch.

Yup, that fixed it. WOOT! Now I can play the old factions again!
              My theory was that the old data was used for coloring and it was overridden by the non-interlaced artwork.

I will never try that AGAIN
              Ever
              Really

Last edited by inglonias; June 11, 2007, 16:28.

Comment

Glad you found the problem.

Comment

Very odd... that's a problem that would never occur on a Windows machine.

Begin flaming retorts here.
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
                    Very odd... that's a problem that would never occur on a Windows machine.

Begin flaming retorts here.
                    Flaming? Hmm... Okay.

Flaming guy 1: "Oh, you! You're such a PC-queen!"

Flaming guy 2: "Shut it, princess. I saw you flirting with a Dell when you were supposed to be spending time with a Mac!"

Flaming guy 3: "Hello-o, boys! Anybody want to play with my Linux?"

*looks around*

I think that'll do it Straybow
                    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

*ahem*
                      Shush your trap.
                      Macs are infinitely better in every way, shape, and form than PCs
                      Except for this...
                      SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSH!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Lessee... flaming... how would I go about doing that? It's so... unlike me.

I wish I could help you, Igloo. For one thing, it would mean I could afford a Mac.

Whoops! Guess I got the flame off after all.

Comment

Working...
                        X