Pre-Designed Units: Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Designed Units: Help Please

I've been having some problems with some of the pre-designed units that I've inserted into the alphax.txt. Some of them have been useful, especially for the AI, in the form of proble foils and needlejet colony pods. Others don't seem to function properly. Specifically, I'm referring to "Police Citizens" and "Police Silk Guards," both with non-lethal methods and the later with silksteel armor. Bottom line is that they don't present themselves properly. The "Police Citizens" instead both have the super former (?!) ability and amphibious ability. They're pretty worthless but the AI seems to love spamming them out and cripping their support costs. The Unit ability flag, that long some 20-odd line of 0s and 1s deterimines this, and apparently I've put in the wrong code. Can anyone help me out?
    "I wake. I work. I sleep. I die. The dark of space my only sky. My life is passed, and all I've been will never touch the earth again." --The Ballad of Sky Farm 3, Anonymous, Datalinks

This post should be in the creation forum. I suspect that instead of 10010000000000000000000000 (dissociative wave, police), you put in 00000000000000000000001001 (amphibious, super former).
    Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Yes, in fact I did, and reversed it, and did get proper police ability. However, I don't want the dissociative wave, just the police. What do I alter?

Also, what's the unit ability tag for clean as it should display in the pre-designed units?

I've examining the alphax.txt at length but that particular part of the rules doesn't seem to be expounded upon well.

Thank you very much in advance.
      "I wake. I work. I sleep. I die. The dark of space my only sky. My life is passed, and all I've been will never touch the earth again." --The Ballad of Sky Farm 3, Anonymous, Datalinks

Comment

See item #36 in the FAQ.
        "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
        -- Kosh

Comment

00010000010000000000000000 (police, clean)
          Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Thank you vyeh and Petek. It has been awhile since I glanced at the FAQ (basically since I first submitted to it) and didn't know it was covered there. I am now assuaged.

Moderators, you may now PLANET BUST this thread at will.

Comment

Working...
            X