Keeping track of units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping track of units

Is there a way of locating units supported by a city (in SMAC)?

If you look at the 'support' MFD for your cities, it sometimes doesn't accurately portray the whereabouts of its supported units anyway.

e.g. If you right click on a supported unit and choose 'centre on unit', then you go back and check the support MFD for the city you were previously looking at, the white 'dots' have disappeared!

Presumably this is some sort of bug, which further complicates locating supported units.

Anyway, if you centre on a unit there doesn't appear to be a way 'back' to the city support MFD you were viewing?

The reason I ask this, is that prior to clean reactors, I was trying to Ctrl-Home some units to other mineral-rich bases to alleviate some mineral support costs for bases that didn't have too many to spare. However, I found that locating units in the first place wasn't easy to do, or is it?

TIA

I'm not quite sure what your problem is. Finding a unit supported by a city is quite easy - go to the city - rightclik a unit in the lower right box (Forces supported) and choose "Recenter map window here" and you are brought to that unit.

About your second question, well, although it would be practical with a command that brings you back to last visited city, I haven't heard about such.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

According to the manual (p. 28) "Backspace" brings you back to the last cursor position on the map. If you move the cursor to the base square before opening the base screen, the base site should qualify as the last cursor position. I have not tested this, but in theory it should work. (You'd still have to open the base screen, but it should take away the need to scroll back across the map.)

Verrucosus

Comment

I just tried it and it works - it even works several cursor positions back (15 at least). Could look like it records steps since last turn (after turn it acts crazy).
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Thanks Verrucosus, that tip worked very well.

Comment

Working...
          X