Oh, the horror!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, the horror!

I woke up this morning to torential rain. Then I noticed my den window was open, AND IT WAS RAINING ON MY SMAC PRIMA GUIDE!

Oh, the horror!

This guide has been at my side since 1999, and I think it would be pretty difficult (or expensive) to replace. Luckily it isn’t ruined, just warped.

The nightmare recedes…

Hydro

On Amazon.com, there is a "Used-Like New" copy for $0.68 + $3.49 s & h.

Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Well, then I'd better order a few!

Comment

There are also some copies that are listed as Used-Good Condition for less.

I have two copies -- one that is getting beat up and a second copy.

I wouldn't worry about ordering another copy. I have a feeling that the strategy guide will be available long after it becomes virtually impossible to find SMAC. I just pointed it out to prevent future nightmares!
        Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

A similar loss of SMAC swag happened with the misplacement of my trilogy of Michael Ely novelizations. It still baffles me how; it's as if there was a psi gate unbeknownst to me in one of my bookshelves that transported them into oblivion. Having moved thrice-fold in as many years with an extensive reconnoitering of my possessions each time, I'm afriad they are now missing, presumed dead, on a permanent basis.

I bought them back when they were cheap paperbacks in print, and now am thoroughly annoyed at the exorbitant prices sellers hawk them today at amazon.com.
          "I wake. I work. I sleep. I die. The dark of space my only sky. My life is passed, and all I've been will never touch the earth again." --The Ballad of Sky Farm 3, Anonymous, Datalinks

Comment

Ely's books are pricey now? Hmmm. Maybe I shouldn't have given mine away.

Hydro

Comment

hydro and water

I find it ironic that water got on the SMAC Prima Guide of someone who's handle is Hydro. That is the correct used of the word, right?

Sorry to hear it happened to you, bud.

Comment

Working...
              X