Base Population Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Base Population Loss

The question is: When does a base with insufficient nutrients lose population?

In a current game, I had two bases each with -1 nuts. Both of the bases had expanded to size 3 when I built the PTS. The first base had insufficient nuts within its radius, even with all three citizens assigned as workers. The second base had enough nuts to support three citizens, but I had to assign one of the workers as a doctor due to drone riots.

The first base stayed at size three for several turns, long enough to build a Colony pod and reduce its size to two. The second base lost a population point the very next turn.

I've noticed this seemingly random behavior in other games. Does any know the conditions under which a base actually loses population under these circumstances?

(I haven't played with Random Events turned on for a long time. But if memory serves, you also don't lose population in a base in which the famine event occurs.)
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

I haven't paid a great deal of attention, but as far as I know, base population will drop when there's negative nutrient collection and the reserves are empty. I haven't seen anything in the games I've played to believe it works any other way.

Comment

Thanks. Yes, nutrient reserves are the key. The base that immediately lost population had no reserves. The base did have reserves lost one unit per turn and presumably would have lost a citizen when the reserves dropped to zero.
      "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
      -- Kosh

Comment

you can have 1 nutrient in the cache and have -300 nutrients and you won't lose one population till the next turn click.

Comment

Hehe. Cannibalism. Think about it. :P

Comment

Working...
          X