Help installing AC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help installing AC

I've read the fact, went to different websites to find the answer but so far, no cigar. All the problem-solving topics are about running the game, not installing it.
    My problem is I can't even install AC on win xp. I log in as admin; I've tried to set Compatibility Properties manually to win 95-98-2000 but none of these setting works; I also tried to send setup.exe to desktop & ran it but didn't work.

So, how did you guys intall AC in xp?
    Using virtual pc is the only way?

Here are several recent threads with similar issues:

If neither of those work then review the SMAC FAQ thread . FYI.

D

Comment

Let me repeat myself again.
      My problem is not running the game.
      My problem is INSTALLING the game.
      I've already read SMAC FAQ. There is no problem solving entry regarding AC installation.

Comment

yuio,

Please see this thread for some links that refer to solving installation problems.

HTH

Petek
        "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
        -- Kosh

Comment

I just popped in the CD and it installed.
          HP Pavilion a1520n: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+, NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE, 1GB RAM, 250GB HD, WinXP Media Center Edition 2005.
          I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Originally posted by yuio
            Let me repeat myself again.
            My problem is not running the game.
            My problem is INSTALLING the game.
            I've already read SMAC FAQ. There is no problem solving entry regarding AC installation.
            Hmmm... so what happens when you try to install? Does it do nothing? Stop halfway? Crash?
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

And I note there is a specific patch and some help on the Firaxis website dealing with XP installation issues too.
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

Hmmm... so what happens when you try to install? Does it do nothing? Stop halfway? Crash?

Absolutely nothing. Once setup.exe is executed, then that's it. I can see it in win task manager but nothing happens.

Comment

If you have a flash drive, you could install it on that on another computer, then copy it onto the other drive. I have a copy of SMAniaC on mine.

Comment

Working...
                  X