SMAC-X Still Crazy Expensive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vista?? No thanks

I'll stick with XP although I found it annoying that when I downloaded the latest security patches and upgrades my machine got slower. The upgrade even changed my toolbar up top in ways I do not like
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Puppeteer
      LOL, you're in luck! Alien Crossfire manual for $12 plus shipping. 12 bucks for a paper manual to a years-old game. It boggles the mind.
      Thanks for the heads up. I purchased it!

Besides, I, uh, think I may be obtaining the pack through alternate means. Completely legal and legit, of course.
      I hope your legal and legit does not imply downloading the game.

The rules of this forum prohibits discussion or links of abandonware sites (unlike Civ Fanatics, where I complained about a post of Feb. 17, 2007 and nothing was done about it - just shows 'poly has higher ethical standards.)

Enough to say that perhaps in the future EA might include SMAC and SMAX in some type of collection.
      Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Why are people looking for copies of SMAX to buy? That's got to be impossible. It's also questionable whether it should even be necessary. (I'll leave it at that...)
        Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

I forgot to mention I was looking at eBay in the first post, but now I'm looking at Amazon's marketplace and Froogle and am seeing similar prices. I found a $30 Linux version on Tux Games via Froogle, but of course they're out of stock.

LOL, you're in luck! Alien Crossfire manual for $12 plus shipping. 12 bucks for a paper manual to a years-old game. It boggles the mind.

FWIW I didn't get a manual with SMAC, either. It was on the CD in PDF format. Not as nice as a paper version but harder to lose.
          yeah I already found the pdf manual on the net.

edit: actually I think it came from the CD after all.

Comment

some people actually like to buy games legit ya know. .

I do it more now than when I was younger. I feel bad for not having purchased Baldur's Gate 2. They deserve my money for such a great game. I did buy the expansion though (TOB).

Though at this point, developers aren't making any money from it, only greedy... I mean enterprising individuals.

Comment

I know how to increase the sale of legit games. Lower the age limits on debit cards and give them to minors.
              Don't rule me out when I'm losing. Save your celebration until after I'm gone.

Comment

Working...
              X