Native life and useless improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Native life and useless improvements

I never build some units, would editing the alpha.txt remove them from my build menus? I don't want to see them.

you can obsolete/delete your own designs, and you'd probably have to edit them out of alpha.txt but that will remove them for all players I think.

Comment

if you delete them from the alpha.txt, the computer can't build them either. Instead, there is an option in the game menu that says auto design units, just turn that off.

Comment

Will that prevent native life from showing up? I never build mind worms or locusts of chiron.

Also, what about improvements such as Punishment Sphere? I'm pretty sure I've never ever built one of those.

Comment

Nah, gotta scroll through them. But they only represent a few entries.
          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Don't delete the lines from alpha.txt. That would only cause headaches and crashes. What you need to do is, in the line for each item you want to remove from your games, put the word Disable in place of the requisite tech for that item. For example, in this line:

Punishment Sphere, 10, 2, MilAlg, Disable, No Drones/-50% Tech

replace MilAlg with Disable.

Remember, as dmm1285 mentioned, this will prevent the AI factions, too, from building Punishment Spheres.

Similarly, in this line:

Mind Worms, Infantry, Psi, Psi, 1, 5, 0, CentEmp, 3, 00000000000000000000000000

replace CentEmp with Disable.

Do the same in the line for each type of native lifeform. This will prevent you and the AI factions from breeding Mind Worms, etc.

You can't stop Planet from generating them. You can choose Rare for the abundance of Native Lifeforms when you create a new map or edit an old one, but there is no option for None.
            I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Working...
            X