Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creative SMACcers wanted

Hi Guys and gals.

As most of you know we are progressing through making a smac mod for civ4.

Although we are at early stages, I have begun planning some later developments to enable a smooth transition.

There are certain things that exist in civ4 such as great people, religions, and resources as well as more possibilities for native life variations.

If you guys are interested, I would welcome some concepts, ideas or anything that you feel is relevant.

Please post up here for us, if you have any inspiration:

Come visit the SMAC Mod
    You can download the latest mod by
    http://code.google.com/p/civ4smac/
    Fan of the original SMAC? join us and help

Re: creative SMACcers wanted

Originally posted by Gavin Berchler
    If you guys are interested, I would welcome some concepts, ideas or anything that you feel is relevant.

Please post up here for us, if you have any inspiration:

http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisp...?s=&forumid=24
    Where specifically are you wanting people to post their ideas/suggestions? Are people just supposed to post ideas into what they consider to be the pertinent threads?

Anyways, some observations from my end:

- is the Mission Statement going to be updated to reflect the direction that the mod is going in? This might get more people involved if there is a clearer picture as to the direction the mod is going in.

- Is there a procedure or set of directions on how to add units to the mod?

- some units that I currently don't see listed but think should be included: sub at Superconductor, AC Carrier at Doc: AP, and a police unit at Int Int.

D

Comment

Any Ideas in general are welcome however as I said I would like specific comment on great people, resources and religions. Obviously these are all currently civ centric, and I would like to see options how they ~COULD be implemented to enhance the dynamic of a smac game.

Obviously there are the purists who want it to be exactly the same and the good news is that its easier to take things out than it is to put things in. however the direction of the mod is better left for a different thread(feel free to start one!- )

In summary if there is anything that you feel will enhance the game play then please put it here. I think the mission statement issue is important and should be dealt with. If anyone wants to start chatting about it feel free.(but on another thread)

If you want to add units to the mod, then please add a new thread to these forums and we can discuss what you want added, if you know how to mod it will be that much easier. I am currently working on just moving over the existing units from smac into civ (not done yet!) if there are any that I have missed please let me know. I haven't really added any new units but may have got some of the names wrong.... you guys can correct me.

Nice post Darsnan, keep em coming....
      Come visit the SMAC Mod
      You can download the latest mod by
      http://code.google.com/p/civ4smac/
      Fan of the original SMAC? join us and help

Comment

In summary if there is anything that you feel will enhance the game play then please put it here. I think the mission statement issue is important and should be dealt with. If anyone wants to start chatting about it feel free.(but on another thread)
        Someone inspired should write a new one.

I'll try to update the thread index when I get some time.
        SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Working...
        X