Spartan Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartan Chronicles

Would anyone happen to have the files related to The Spartan Chronicles? The site is long since down, and none of the .zip files archived by archive.org. I would really like to read/play them all. Does anyone have them? I believe 5 to 8 are just stories, and 1 to 4 are scenarios and stories. I already have the map from the file section..

Can anyone help me out please?

Re: Spartan Chronicles

Originally posted by Harpalus
    Would anyone happen to have the files related to The Spartan Chronicles? The site is long since down, and none of the .zip files archived by archive.org. I would really like to read/play them all. Does anyone have them? I believe 5 to 8 are just stories, and 1 to 4 are scenarios and stories. I already have the map from the file section..

PM Googlie and/ or Hydro, as both were involved IIRC.

D

Comment

Re: Spartan Chronicles

Originally posted by Harpalus

I have the unzipped files if Googlie can't provide you with the files. Specifically, I have:
      Book 8.doc
      Book Seven.doc
      Book Six.doc
      Book V.doc
      Complete_to_Nov24.doc

Chronicles2227.SC
      6 months.SC
      SP1.SC
      Usurpers2230.SC
      Usurpers-Holocaust, 2229.SC

I also have Spartan_Chronicles.MP (which you have) and Spartan Chronicles.SC from the Apolyton files section.
      Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Yikes! It looks like Googlie's web site it down. I've e-mailed him to see what the problem might be. I have bits and pieces, but I'd hate to have to pull together everything again.

Hydro

Comment

mmm - I deleted the website as I needed the filespace for another project (I didn't think it was visited much these days)

I do have all the constituent files and gamesaves, though, pretty much as vyeh has laid out

Comment

If someone comes up with the text files they can be mirrored here.

I can offer this thread links:

The Spartan Chronicles: Book One
            The Spartan Chronicles
            Spartan Chronicles: Cast of Characters - Book 1
            The Spartan Chronicles � Continued
            Draft Spartan Chronicles Timeline
            SPARTAN CHRONICLES DETAILED OUTLINE[list of authors]
            The Spartan Chronicles - Volume 3
            The Spartan Chronicles - Volume 4
            Last edited by Illuminatus; January 3, 2007, 14:57.
            SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminatus
              If someone comes up with the text files they can be mirrored here.
              Illuminatus,

I've used the Apolyton Upload service to upload all the files I mentioned except the
              Apolyton files in one zipped file.

This is meant to be temporary. Please let me know when you've downloaded it and I will delete it.

Comment

Here is a temporary mirror.
                SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminatus
                  Here is a temporary mirror.
                  There was a problem for me and for another reader getting this to unzip. Could someone else see if there is a problem?

I also had the same problem with the file I had uploaded in post #7. I re-uploaded that file and it works now.

Comment

I confirm that the file in Illuminatus' link is corrupt and can't be unzipped.

Petek
                    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
                    -- Kosh

Comment

Working...
                    X