Ctrl+Shift+U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ctrl+Shift+U

Does anyone have any strategies they use against the computer AI that involves giving them units?

One of mine that I use is when the computer I don't want to fight is building colony pods, or maybe even a wonder (that's never really happened, but I might use it if I was playing on super duper transcendi mode) I will give them a bunch of terraformers to tie up their support so they cannot produce minerals. By doing this, not only do I tie up minerals, but the computer might build roads and some minor improvements before I walk thru with my magtube assault. I suppose I could give them scout patrols, but that would make them foolhardy and try and go to war with me, which then I'd have to use a shard chopper to chop up all the scout patrols I gave them. I have terraformed and colony podded up they base to max before. That was kinda fun.

Kinda getting off topic of my own post, have you ever terraformed a computer's land to flat so they get hardly any minerals? I've thought about it, but I've never really gotten around to it.

Re: Ctrl+Shift+U

Originally posted by Darrell01
    I will give them a bunch of terraformers to tie up their support so they cannot produce minerals. By doing this, not only do I tie up minerals, but the computer might build roads and some minor improvements before I walk thru with my magtube assault. I suppose I could give them scout patrols, (...) have you ever terraformed a computer's land to flat so they get hardly any minerals? (...)
    Sounds like the kind of stuff the AI does by itself.

Comment

NO -- I always figure Ican do more with more units myself than the benefit I would get by burdening the AI with support obligations. If I don't need more military I can always fins a use for a former of crawler.

This simply sounds like a strategy that is merely to amuse yourself in a game that is already so irrevocably won that you can toy with interesting ideas
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Flubber has the right of it. You're far better off using the units to further cement your advantage than hampering a rival. If the AI is so feeble that giving them units doesn't help them overcome you, you need to graduate to higher difficulty.

Comment

Yeah. After reading these posts and getting ideas from you guys, I'm suddenly rampaging thru transcendi level like its citizen level. I know I'm playing around with the AI, but damn it, I like it! It is a waste of time tho. Right now I'm playing the Cult and I own pretty much the whole planet. playing ICS+3 on a huge map. ICS is nice because I don't have to plan out where the next city is going to be. I just put it on the grid. Ok, ok... I'm getting off topic...

Comment

Working...
          X